New York Links Directory and Travel Resources
(New York, NY, USA)
One of the world's most famous and most visited cities, New York really does seem to have it all when it comes to culture, excitement and tourism. Sights like the Empire State Building have become iconic landmarks, while Central Park provides an unusual and rather unexpected vast green expanse, amidst the city's towering hotels and skyscrapers.
Sightseers in New York will find themselves drawn to the bright neon lights and illuminated billboards of Times Square, as well as the theaters of Broadway. Others will want to visit the poignant National September 11 Memorial and Museum at One Liberty Plaza, which remembers the terrorism attacks on the World Trade Center and honours those who tragically lost their lives. To learn more about the city's fascinating immigration past, a visit to Ellis Island is in order, being connected by the regular Statue of Liberty ferries.
Below are a selection of useful New York links, chosen to help you plan a trip to the Big Apple.
Travel and Tourism
NYC The Official Guide
- 810 7th Avenue.
Empire State Building
- 350 5th Avenue.
- corner of Albany and Greenwich Streets, Lower Manhattan.
National Park Service - Statue of Liberty
- Liberty Island.
- leaving from Battery Park, New York or Liberty State Park, New Jersey
Department of Transport - Staten Island Ferry
- operating between Whitehall Terminal, Lower Manhattan and St. George Ferry Terminal, Staten Island.
- 253 West 125th Street.
New York Public Library
- 5th Avenue.
Radio City Music Hall
- 1260 Avenue of the Americas.
- 45 Rockefeller Plaza.
- 1560 Broadway.
New York Aquarium
- West 8th Street.
Luna Park in Coney Island
- 1000 Surf Avenue.
- 59th to 110th Streets.
- Bronx River Parkway.
Staten Island Zoo
- 614 Broadway, Staten Island.
Museum of the City of New York
- 1220 5th Avenue.
Museum of Arts and Design
- 2 Columbus Circle.
New York Hotels and Accommodation
New York City's YMCA
- Association Offices, 5 West 63rd Street.
The Gershwin Hotel
- 7 East 27th Street.
Ye Olde Carlton Arms Hotel / Artbreak
- 160 East 25th Street.
Chelsea Star Hotel
- 300 West 30th Street at 8th Avenue.
Bowery's Whitehouse Hotel and Hostel of NY
- 340 Bowery.
The Harlem Flophouse
- 242 West 123rd Street.
HI (Hostelling International) New York
- 891 Amsterdam Avenue.
Off Soho Suites Hotel
- 11 Rivington Street.
Howard Johnson Hotel Flushing
- 135-33 38th Avenue.
Washington Square Hotel (WSH) - Greenwich Village
- 103 Waverly Place.
Larchmont Hotel - Greenwich Village NYC
- 27 West 11th Street.
The Hotel Wolcott
- 4 West 31st Street.
The Pod Hotel
- 230 East 51st Street.
Colonial House Inn
- 318 West 22nd Street (between 8th Avenue and 9th Avenue).
Chelsea Pines Inn
- 317 West 14th Street.
- 250 West 77th Street.
Gramercy Park Hotel
- 2 Lexington Avenue.
- 100 East 50th Street.
Cosmopolitan Hotel - Tribeca / Downtown
- 95 West Broadway.
- 145 East 50th Street.
The InterContinental New York Barclay
- 111 East 48th Street.
- 401 7th Avenue at 33rd Street (near Penn Station and Madison Square).
Le Parker Meridien
- 119 West 56th Street.
New York Airports
Newark Liberty International Airport
- Brewster Road, Newark, New Jersey.
- 102 - 05 Ditmars Boulevard / Grand Central Parkway, Long Island, Flushing.
John F. Kennedy International Airport
- JFK Expressway, Van Wyck Expressway Interstate I-678, Queens.
- 200 Fred Wehran Drive / Moonachie Avenue, Teterboro, New Jersey.
Car Hire, Taxi, Limo and Railway
New York Avis Car Rental
- located at 68 East 11th Street, 345 South End Avenue, 220 West 31st Street, 211 Atlantic Avenue, Brooklyn, and 30 West Mall Drive, Jersey City.
Aamcar Manhattan Discount Car Rentals
- 315 West 96th Street and 506 West 181st Street.
New York Car Rental Specialists
- located at 741 Broadway, 200 East 33rd Street, 229 West 60th Street, 37-10 114 Street (Holiday Inn LaGuardia Airport, Corona), 128 Frontage Road (Sheraton Newark Airport, Newark) and 261 Uniondale Avenue, Uniondale.
Yellow Cab NYC
- 212 Bowery.
New York Limo
- 295 Greenwich Street.
Metropolitan Transportation Authority (MTA New York)
- 2 Broadway.
Grand Central Terminal
- 87 East 42nd Street.