Perth Airport (PER) Information
(Perth, Western Australia - WA, Australia)
Perth is easy to reach by air from the major international airports throughout the world, including Europe, South-East Asia and Africa. Both Quantas Airlines and Virgin Blue Airlines provide regular air travel to other capital cities in Australia and Perth Airport (PER) is Australia's fourth largest airport and regularly wins the prestigious title of 'Major Australian Airport of the Year'.
Perth Airports Guide
Perth Airport (PER)
Address: Cloverdale, 6985, Western Australia (WA), Australia
Tel: +61 (0)8 9478 8888
Perth Airport (PER) is located just 12 km / 7.5 miles to Perth city centre. This is one of the largest and most important airports in Australian and Perth Airport (PER) and has world-class airport facilities.
Perth Airport (PER) has two large airport terminals, serving a large number of national and international airlines at the airport. An inter-terminal transfer bus service is available between both of Perth Airport's terminals building during 05:00 to 17:00.
International Terminal - on the eastern side of the airport, with four floors and regular international flights throughout the world. Airlines include Air Mauritius, Air New Zealand, Air Paradise, Western Australian Airlines, Cathay Pacific, Emirates, Garuda Indonesia, Malaysia Airlines, National Jet Systems, Qantas Airways, Royal Brunei Airlines, Singapore Airlines, South African Airways, Thai Airways International and Valuair
Domestic Terminal - on the western side of the airport, serving a large number of domestic Australian and international airlines, including Qantas Airway, Skywest and Virgin Blue
- Bureau de changes and travel insurance
- 24-hour cash machines (ATMs) and postal facilities
- Several restaurants, wine bars, cafés, fast food outlets and bars
- Many shops including newsagents, gift shops, clothes stores, fashion boutiques, food shops, speciality stores and also duty-free outlets
- Car hire companies - including Avis, Budget, Europcar, Hertz and Thrifty Car Rental
- Business facilities are available at airport's Terminal 1 Departures Lounge, with work stations, telephones, Internet access, fax machines, large meeting rooms and general business facilities
- Short-term and long-tern parking is available directly outside both terminals at Perth Airport (PER)
- Business and conference facilities are available at the nearby airport hotel, Comfort Inn Bel Eyre, which has facilities for up to 120 delegates
- Special facilities for disabled passengers
- Other facilities at Perth Airport (PER) include a mobile phone hire, left luggage facility, self-help airport information centre, showers, a first aid service and baby changing facilities
Perth city centre is well-sign posted from Perth Airport (PER) and the journey from Perth Airport (PER) into Perth city centre will take around 20 minutes, depending upon traffic. The Great Eastern Highway provides good connections both both the airport's International Terminal and Domestic Terminal.
Regular buses are available at Perth Airport (PER) and the buses generally operate around 45 minutes after each arrival at the airport. These airport buses regularly travel from the airport's Domestic and International Terminal buildings to central Perth and other nearby areas, including Northbridge, East Perth and West Perth. Buses at Perth Airport (PER) are an inexpensive and relatively fast way to travel into nearby central Perth.
There are a large number of airport taxis readily available at Perth Airport (PER) and the airport's taxi ranks are situated outside both of the terminal buildings. These airport taxis provide a convenient and simple way to travel into nearby Perth city and other destinations in the Western Australia area. The journey from Perth Airport into central Perth will take around 20 minutes. Official Perth PER airport taxis should be used at all times to ensure safety and also to avoid being overcharged.
The airport taxi meters in Perth start at a basic fare, but additional charges are usually made for ground transport, late-night driving and travel on public holidays in Perth, so it can prove useful to ask the taxi driver about these before leaving. Taxis for disabled passengers can be arranged in the airport's arrival hall. Taxi fees at Perth Airport (PER) are usually required to be paid in advance.
There are a good selection of private car limousine companies available at Perth Airport (PER). Located outside of the airport's terminal buildings, these airport limousines provide the perfect way to travel in style and can generally be leased per hour or per day.
Many hotels in Perth provide a convenient door-to-door courtesy shuttle bus service for their guests, travelling from Perth Airport (PER), directly to the hotel from outside of the airport's passenger buildings.