Brisbane Airport (BNE) Information
(Brisbane, Queensland - QLD, Australia)
Queensland's city of Brisbane is simple to reach by air from the major international airports throughout the world, including Asia, Europe, Pacific Islands, North America, New Zealand and Papua New Guinea.
Both Qantas Airlines and Ansett Australia provide regular air travel to other capital cities in Australia and Brisbane Airport (BNE) is one of Australia's busiest airports.
Brisbane Airports Guide
Brisbane Airport (BNE)
Address: Banksia Place, Queensland (QLD), 4007, Australia
Tel: +61 (0)7 3406 3000
Brisbane Airport (BNE) is located just 13 km / 8 miles to the north-east of Brisbane city centre. This is one of the largest and most important airports in Australia and Brisbane Airport (BNE) has impressive airport facilities, dealing with large numbers of passengers each day.
Tel: +61 (0)7 3216 3308
Brisbane Airport (BNE) has two large airport terminals, serving a large number of national and international airlines at the airport. An inter-terminal transfer bus service is available between both of Brisbane Airport's terminals and is operated by Airtrain.
- International Terminal - with regular international flights throughout the world, airlines include Qantas Airways and Virgin Blue
- Domestic Terminal - serving a large number of domestic Australian and international airlines, including Qantas Airways, Cathay Pacific Airways, China Airlines, Eva Air, Garuda Indonesia, Japan Airlines, Korean Air, Malaysia Airlines, Royal Brunei Airlines and Singapore Airlines
- Bureau de changes and travel insurance
- 24-hour cash machines (ATMs) and postal facilities
- Several cafés, fast food outlets and bars
- Many shops including newsagents, gift shops, clothes stores, fashion boutiques, food shops, speciality stores and also duty-free outlets in the airport's International Terminal
- Car hire companies - including Avis, Budget, Europcar, Hertz and Thrifty Car Rental
- Business facilities are available at Brisbane Airport's International Terminal, with work stations, telephones, Internet access, fax machines, general business facilities and meeting rooms for up to 50 people
- Short-term and long-term parking is available directly outside both the International and Domestic terminals at Brisbane Airport (BNE)
- Special facilities for disabled passengers
- Other facilities at Brisbane Airport (BNE) include a useful Visitors' Information Centre, passenger information desks, a first aid room, baby changing rooms, a prayer room, lost luggage facilities and showers
Central Brisbane is well signposted from Brisbane Airport (BNE) and the journey from Brisbane Airport (BNE) into Brisbane city centre will take around 30 minutes, depending upon traffic and the time of day. A dedicated access road provides good connections to both the airport's International Terminal and Domestic Terminal, with connections to the Gateway Motorway and Kingsford Smith Drive.
Tel: +61 (0)7 3216 3308
Brisbane Airport's popular Airtrain service provides regular trains that travel from the airport to Brisbane Central Station, in around 20 minutes. With connections to other areas of Brisbane and Queensland, the Airtrain network is one of the fastest and cheapest ways to travel to and from Brisbane Airport (BNE).
Tel: 62 (0)7 3236 1000
Regular buses are available at Brisbane Airport (BNE) from both terminals, travelling to the Brisbane Transit Centre in central Roma Street, the famous Gold Coast and the nearby Sunshine Coast. These airport buses regularly travel from the airport's Domestic and International Terminal buildings into central Brisbane and are a relatively fast way to travel to nearby Brisbane city centre.
There are a large number of airport taxis readily available at Brisbane Airport (BNE) and the airport's taxi ranks are located outside of the Domestic Terminal, close to both the Qantas area, Virgin Blue area and next to arrivals. These Brisbane Airport taxis offer a convenient way to travel into nearby Brisbane city and other destinations in the Queensland area. The journey from Brisbane Airport (BNE) into the centre of Brisbane will take just 25 minutes and official Brisbane airport taxis should always be used, to ensure both safety and also to avoid being overcharged.
The airport taxi meters in Brisbane start at a basic fare, but additional charges are usually made for ground transport, late-night driving and travel on public holidays in Brisbane, and the journey into nearby Brisbane can prove expensive. Taxis for disabled passengers can be arranged in the airport's arrival hall.
There are a good selection of private car limousine companies available at Brisbane Airport (BNE). Located outside of the airport's terminal buildings, these airport limousines provide the perfect way to travel in style and can generally be leased per hour or per day. The airport Visitors' Information Centre is happy to provide the latest information about airport limousines.
A number hotels in Brisbane provide a convenient door-to-door courtesy shuttle bus service for their guests upon request, travelling from Brisbane Airport (BNE), directly to the hotel from outside of the airport's passenger buildings.