Savannah Maps and Orientation
(Savannah, Georgia - GA, USA)
Sited on the eastern side of Georgia and alongside the Atlantic coastline, the city of Savannah resides within the county of Chatham, where it is both the biggest city and also the county seat. Savannah enjoys an extremely healthy tourism scene, with literally millions coming to see its historic attractions, colonial buildings and museums.
For tourists, the downtown district is certainly the place to be. This part of the city comprises the Historic District, which is roughly rectangular in shape and is edged by both Forsyth Park and the Savannah River. Other boundaries include the Martin Luther King Jr. Boulevard and East Broad Street.
Close to downtown Savannah, a trip to River Street will also likely be in order, with this part of the city being known for its wealth of eateries, bars and converted warehouses. Shoppers may also like to check out the City Market, which is based nearby Franklin Square.
Maps and Orientation of the City
More than 20 of the city's original plazas continue to play a central role in the local communities, with each square providing an important green space where locals and visitors alike come to relax. Much of the city center is laid out as straight roads, which intersect to form blocks. Prominent thoroughfares include Abercorn Street, Bull Street and Montgomery Street, all of which head north to south, connecting the Historic District and Victorian District to the north, and Ardsley Park, Feiler Park, the Savannah Technical College and Habersham Woods to the south.
Maps of the city are certainly useful if you have your own set of wheels. Located on the Martin Luther King Jr. Boulevard, the Savannah Visitors Center is a good place to source city maps, being found alongside the History Museum and the Coastal Heritage Society. Nearby you will find the Courtyard and Residence Inn hotels, as well as the Old Town Trolley Tours office. Take a stroll to the north and you will soon reach the Savannah College of Art and Design (SCAD), the SCAD Museum of Art and the Hampton Inn Hotel, as well as Crites Hall and Oglethorpe Trolley Tours.
- Bluffton - 24 miles / 39 km (40 minutes, northeast)
- Brunswick - 78 miles / 126 km (one hour and 45 minutes, south)
- Fort Stewart - 42 miles / 68 km (one hour, southwest)
- Garden City - 5 miles / 8 km (12 minutes, north)
- Georgetown - 13 miles / 21 km (25 minutes, southwest)
- Hardeeville - 17 miles / 27 km (30 minutes, north)
- Hinesville - 41 miles / 66 km (one hour, southwest)
- Hilton Head - 30 miles / 48 km (45 minutes, northeast)
- Isle of Hope - 11 miles / 18 km (20 minutes, south)
- Montgomery - 14 miles / 23 km (25 minutes, south)
- Pooler - 10 miles / 16 km (20 minutes, west)
- Port Wentworth - 7 miles / 11 km (12 minutes, north)
- Richmond Hill - 22 miles / 35 km (35 minutes, southwest)
- Skidaway Island - 16 miles / 26 km (30 minutes, south)
- Vernonburg - 13 miles / 21 km (25 minutes, south)
- Whitemarsh Island - 9 miles / 14 km (20 minutes, east)
- Wilmington Island - 12 miles / 19 km (25 minutes, southeast)
Map of the United States
Map of Georgia
Map of Savannah