Winnipeg International Airport (YWG) Information
(Winnipeg, Manitoba - MB, Canada)
Winnipeg International Airport, also known as the Winnipeg James Armstrong Richardson International Airport, is the eighth-largest in Canada
. Located in the province of Manitoba, this hub is the main gateway into southern-central Canada.
The airport handles over three million passengers a year and is the only international air facility in this part of Canada. Winnipeg is known for its unspoilt nature and most visitors come to this area to enjoy the many lakes and national parks in the province.
The site is located just a short distance west of the city center and provides both domestic and international air connections. Major scheduled airlines serving the facility include Air Canada, Calm Air, Bearskin Airlines and United Express. Seasonal charter flights to Mexico
and Panama are on offer through Air Transat, Sunwing Airlines and WestJet.
Winnipeg James Armstrong Richardson International Airport (YWG)
Address: 2000 Wellington Avenue, Winnipeg, Manitoba, R3H 1C2, Canada
Tel: +1 204 987 9400
Winnipeg International Airport is located less than 4 miles / 7 km west of the city center, being close to the Murray Industrial Park and the Assiniboine Golf Club. The airport is easily accessible from major motorways around the city, including the Trans-Canada Highway (Route 85).
- International currency exchange is available in the terminal
- ATMs are located throughout the terminal
- Many cafés, restaurants, delis and bars are available, such as Gondola Pizza, Fuel Bar and Red Wok
- Shopping options are abundant, including CNBC News, Liquor Mart Express and a PGA Tour Shop. Duty free shopping is available for international travelers
- Car hire companies are located on the main level of the Parkade parking lot. Rental companies include Avis, Enterprise, Hertz and National
- An information booth is located in the Arrivals area
- Facilities for disabled passengers include ramps, TTY adapted phones and wheelchair rentals. Special assistance is available upon request
- Short-term parking is available in the Parkade, adjacent to the terminal. Long-term parking is available behind the Parkade, in the Economy Lot
- Valet parking is available through Valet and Away
- Travelers with children can use one of the three play areas in the terminal
- Business facilities and hotel rooms are readily available at the onsite airport hotel, Four Points by Sheraton
- A chapel is available after security check on Level 2
From the airport, visitors can easily access the center of Winnipeg, which is about a ten-minute drive away. Take Wellington Avenue, which leads straight into central Winnipeg. Along the way you will drive by points of reference such as Westview Park, Sargent Park and the Daniel McIntyre Collegiate Institute, before joining Cumberland Avenue.
Tel: +1 877 311 4974
Winnipeg Transit offers an affordable public bus service at the airport. Two bus routes service the airport, providing links to the downtown area and the city's suburbs. These are routes no. 15 (Sargent / Mountain) and also no. 20 (Academy / Watt).
Tel: +1 204 925 3131
The authorised taxi company at the airport is Unicity Taxi. Taxis are available just outside the terminal building, with rates set according to the onward destination around the city. Popular destinations include the neighborhoods and suburbs of Garden City, Kildonan Place, Polo Park, St.Vital and Unicity. Over a dozen limousine services are also on hand for greater comfort and privacy.