Trieste Maps and Orientation
(Trieste, Friuli-Venezia Giulia, Italy)
The port city of Trieste can be found on the north-eastern side of Italy and within the country's Friuli-Venezia Giulia region. Sited next to the Gulf of Trieste, the city is also in close proximity to the easterly Republic of Slovenia and lies directly south of Austria.
Both the railway and bus stations are located on the northerly side of Trieste, off the Via Udine and Viale Miramare respectively. To the west of central Trieste, the port and the Adriatic Sea dominate the area, while the Canal Grande and Borgo Terasiano are to the south. The main coastal stretch comprises a series of roads, such as the Riva Grumala, Riva Nazario Sauro, Riva del Mandracchio, Riva III Novembre and the Corso Cavour.
Maps and Orientation of the City
The very heart of Trieste is without doubt based around the beautiful Piazza dell'Unita d'Italia, which is situated next to the Via San Sebastiano and the Piazza Verdi. Nearby, the Colle di San Giusto and its historic 15th-century fortress are to the east, the Museo d'Arte Orientale to the south, and the Piazza Nicolò Tommaseo to the north.
- Banne - 5 km / 3 miles (6 minutes, north)
- Chiarbola - 3 km / 2 miles (5 minutes, south)
- Gretta - 3 km / 2 miles (5 minutes, west)
- Grignano - 8 km / 5 miles (12 minutes, north-west)
- Monfalcone - 32 km / 20 miles (35 minutes, north-west)
- Muggia - 13 km / 8 miles (15 minutes, south)
- Venice - 162 km / 101 miles (one hour and 55 minutes, west)
Map of Italy
Map of Trieste