Berlin Tegel (Otto Lilienthal) Airport (TXL) Information
As Berlin becomes an increasingly popular tourist destination, the city becomes even easier to reach, with extremely frequent flights and good connections from all over the world. In general, flying into Germany tends to be a relatively hassle-free experience.
Approximate flight times to Berlin are:
- from London - 1 hour 45 minutes
- from New York - 8 hours 25 minutes
- from Los Angeles - 11 hours 45 minutes
- from Toronto - 8 hours 30 minutes
- from Sydney - 21 hours 55 minutes
Berlin-Tegel (Otto Lilienthal) Airport (TXL)
Tel: +49 (0) 1805 000 186
Located 6 miles / 9 km north-west of central Berlin, this main airport handles a large number of international and domestic flights. Berlin-Tegel Airport also deals with daily flights to and from many UK airports and primarily serves Western European destinations. This airport has one large passenger terminal which is usually very busy. There are 36 scheduled major airlines, including Lufthansa, Germany's principal airline, Air Berlin, Air France, Alitalia, British Airways, Continental Airlines, Deutsche BA, Iberia, Olympic Airways and Turkish Airlines.
Berlin Tegel (TXL) Airports Information Guides
- foreign currency exchange - bureau de change
- bank and 24-hour cash machines (ATMs)
- bars, bistro, restaurant and fast-food outlets
- travel agents and tourist information
- many shops and stores, including a bank, post office and duty-free
- business services / conference centre / four function rooms / media centre / business lounges
- VIP lounges in the service centre
- car hire companies - including Avis, Budget, Europcar, Hertz, National and Sixt
- short-term car parks near the main terminal building
- long-term car parks (P1, P2 and P5)
Arriving in the City
The JetExpressBus TXL departs from the airport daily every 15 minutes, between 06:00 to 23:10. The buses travel to Potsdamer Platz, Friedrichstrasse and Unter den Linden, which is a short journey of around 20 minutes. There are also buses which travel to Jakob-Kaiser-Platz, then Bahnhof Zoo, departing every 10 minutes between 05:00 to midnight and to the U6 line at Kurt-Schumacher-Platz. Taxis are readily available and queue outside the main arrivals area.