Hobart International Airport (HBA) Information
(Hobart, Tasmania - TAS, Australia)
Australia's important southerly city of Hobart is easy to reach by air from the major international airports in Australia and a number of other locations, including Singapore. Providing an international gateway to Australia's island of Tasmania, both Qantas Airlines and Virgin Blue Airlines offer inexpensive air travel to other capital cities in Australia. Hobart Airport is close to Hobart city centre, with public transport and car hire readily available at the airport.
Hobart Airports Guide
Hobart International Airport (HBA)
Address: Strachan Street, Cambridge, Tasmania, 7170, Australia
Tel: +61 (0)3 6216 1600
Hobart Airport (HBA) can be found just 17 km / 10.5 miles from Hobart city centre and Hobart is one of Australia's only cities with curfew-free air services. This is Tasmania's largest and most popular airport, with regular flights throughout the day and night. Airlines at Hobart Airport (HBA) also travel to other destinations in Tasmania, including Burnie, Devonport and Launceston.
Hobart Airport (HBA) features a recently upgraded domestic airport terminal, serving a number of national and international airlines at the airport, including JetStar (JQ), Qantas Airways (QF), Singapore Airlines (SQ), Tasair (TA) and Virgin Blue (DJ).
- 24-hour cash machines (ATMs)
- Cafés and bars in the airport's departures area
- Retail areas with a number of small shops
- Modern check-in facilities and air-conditioned terminal buildings
- Public telephones
- Runway and airline viewing areas
- Car hire companies - including Avis Rent-A-Car, Budget Rent A Car, Delta Europcar, HERTZ Corporation and Thrifty Car Rental
- Large airport lounge areas
- Short-term parking, with direct access to Hobart Airport (HBA), in the 'Quick Park' area
- Long-term secure parking, located next to Hobart Airport (HBA)
- Special facilities for disabled passengers with wheelchairs readily available
- Other facilities at Hobart Airport (HBA) include advanced baggage conveyors, medical services, immigration facilities and quarantine areas
The centre of Hobart is within easy driving distance of Hobart Airport, across the Tasman Bridge, and is well-sign posted from the airport. With a number of car rental options available at the airport's arrivals area, the journey from Hobart Airport (HBA) into Hobart city centre will take around 30 minutes, depending upon traffic. Hobart Airport (HBA) has excellent connections to many major roads nearby.
Shuttle buses are available at Hobart Airport and are a particularly convenient way to travel around the Hobart area. These airport shuttle buses are situated between the Virgin Blue and Qantas Airways terminals and the friendly bus drivers will travel directly to most of Hobart's hotels and guesthouses, or just into the nearby city centre.
A large number of airport taxis are readily available at Hobart Airport (HBA) and the airport's taxi rank can be found directly outside of the main domestic terminal. These airport taxis provide a convenient and inexpensive way to travel into Hobart city and other nearby parts of Tasmania.
There are several private car limousine companies that travel to and from Hobart Airport (HBA), allowing you to travel into Hobart city in style.