Pisa Galileo Galilei International Airport (PSA) Information
(Pisa, Tuscany, Italy)
As Pisa, Italy becomes an increasingly popular tourist destination, the city becomes even easier to reach, with extremely frequent flights and good connections from all over the world. The city is served by Galileo Galilei Airport (Pisa International Airport), which handles many international flights for the Tuscany region.
Pisa Galileo Galilei International Airport (PSA)
Tel: +39 (0)50 849 111
Pisa International Airport (Galileo Galilei) is located just 2 km / 1 mile north of Pisa city centre, near to the coast. This is Tuscany's regional airport, handling mainly international flights. Galileo Galilei Airport has a reliable train system and direct access to the Firenze-Pisa-Livorno dual carriageway and the motorway.
Pisa (PSA) Airports Information Guides
Major airlines include Alitalia, AirDoloiti, Air France, Air Littoral, Austrian Airlines, British Airways, Carpatair, Iberia Regional, Lufthansa, Meridiana, Ryanair and many more.
- Bureau de change
- 24-hour cash machines (ATMs) and banking facilities
- Restaurants, cafés and bars
- Shopping centre with many large shops, including a hairdressers, beauty salon and duty-free
- Car hire companies - including Auto Europa, Avis, Easy Car, Europcar, Hertz, Liberty Rent International, Maggiore Budget, Thrifty Italy by Car and Sixt
- VIP lounge and business facilities, including exclusive restaurant for working lunches
- Meeting and training rooms are available
- Special facilities for disabled passengers
- Short-term car park next to the departures hall
- Multilevel long-term car park next to the railway terminal
The journey into Pisa city centre by car should take no more than a few minutes. Also, the airport has direct access to the following main roads, where traffic usually runs smoothly and quickly:
- Firenze-Pisa-Livorno dual carriageway (Pisa Centro - Aeroporto exit)
- Genova-Rosignano A12 motorway (Pisa Centro exit)
- Firenze-Pisa Nord A11 motorway (through the Pisa Nord linking stretch with the A12)
- Road SS 1 'Aurelia'
Taxis or Shuttles
The taxi service at the airport is run by CO.TA.PI (Pisa taxi cooperative) and there are usually plenty of authorised taxis lined up by the main arrivals gateway of each terminal. The fares into Pisa city centre are quite reasonable and the taxis tend to operate between 08:00 to midnight.
Pisa's Galileo Galilei airport is conveniently next door to the railway terminal, which connects to the Italian railway network. Train tickets can be purchased at the information office in the arrivals hall.