Ottawa/Macdonald-Cartier International Airport (YOW) Information
(Ottawa, Ontario - ON, Canada)
The Ottawa/Macdonald-Cartier International Airport services over 4.5 million passengers a year. It is the sixth-largest air facility in Canada
and provides numerous important air connections into the province of Ontario.
The airport is located just a short distance from the center of Ottawa, Canada's fourth-largest city. This city is known for its beautiful architecture and for being home to the meandering Rideau Canal, which is now a UNESCO World Heritage site.
Unusual for an airport of this size, it is not actually a hub for any specific airline. The terminal serves domestic Canadian flights, flights to the US
and routes to Europe. Seasonal flights to the Caribbean and Mexico
are also available. Major airlines operating here include Air Canada, WestJet, United Express, US Airways, Porter Airlines and American Eagle.
Macdonald-Cartier International Airport (YOW)
Address: 1000 Airport Parkway Private, Suite 2500, Ottawa K1V 9B4, Canada
Tel: +1 613 248 2125
The Macdonald-Cartier International Airport is located some 8 miles / 13 km south of the city center. It is easily accessible via the Airport Parkway. By using the Trans-Canada Highway (Highway 417), it is possible to drive all the way to Montreal
- Several ATMs are located throughout the terminal building
- Eateries on offer include both fast-food and sit-down restaurants, as well as a food court on Level 3
- A good selection of coffee shops and juice bars, including Booster Juice, D'Arcy McGee's, Rideau Bar, Sbarro and Starbucks
- Shopping ranges from book, souvenir and convenience stores to clothing outlets such as Junogems, Red Canoe and Relay. Duty free goods are also available for international travelers at AerRianta
- Car hire companies are located in the Parkade, including Avis, Budget, Enterprise, Hertz and National
- Air Canada and Porter passengers, as well as Star Alliance Gold Card holders, all have access to either the Maple Leaf Lounge or the Peter Lounge
- A 24-hour chapel is available on Level 1 of the Arrivals area
- Short-term parking for up to 15 minutes is available at the covered Parkade
- Long-term parking is available in the uncovered, long-term parking lot, about a seven-minute walk from the terminal
- Wi-Fi access is available throughout the airport
- Six conference facilities are available - pre-booking is required
- Luggage storage services are available on Level 1 of the terminal
From the airport, visitors should take the Airport Parkway northwards, straight to the city center. The drive takes about 20 minutes, depending on traffic. Along the route you will pass by the Hunt Club East-Western Community, Riverside Park and the campus of the Carleton University. The major Trans-Canada Highway, or Highway 417, is also easily accessible and provides links to Montreal and Amprior.
Public bus number 97 provides access to Ottawa city center. This service departs from stand 19 on Level 1 of the Arrivals area and takes around 30 minutes to reach the city. Tickets should be bought at the Ground Transportation Desk before boarding.
Tel: +1 613 523 1234
Taxis are available from outside the terminal building and provide the ultimate in ground transportation convenience. An on-demand limousine company also offers services, should you fancy living the high life.