Dallas Fort Worth International Airport (DFW) Information
(Dallas, Texas - TX, USA)
The city of Dallas, Texas is easy to reach by air from the major international airports around the world, including Europe, Mexico
, the Caribbean and many major cities in the USA, although the bulk of traffic is generally domestic. This busy international airport provides efficient service combined with excellent amenities.
Amongst the numerous airport facilities available at Dallas Fort Worth International Airport (DFW) are bureau de change outlets, 24-hour cashpoint machines (ATMs), coffee shops, duty-free shopping, extensive parking facilities and also at Dallas airport there is a large selection of car rental companies.
Dallas Fort Worth International Airport (DFW) / Arriving by Air
Address: 3200 East Airfield Drive, Texas TX, 75261, USA
Tel: +1 972 973 3112
Dallas Fort Worth International Airport (DFW) can be found just 24 km / 15 miles to the northwest of central Dallas and 29 km / 18 miles to the northeast of Fort Worth
. This is one of the premier airports in the state of Texas, USA and handles many thousands of passengers, arriving and departing daily in Dallas.
Dallas Fort Worth Airports Guide
Dallas Fort Worth International Airport (DFW) contains four large terminals, served by numerous international and domestic airlines.
- Terminal A - serves domestic and international airlines, gates A1 to A38
- Terminal B - serves domestic American and international airlines, gates B2 to B39
- Terminal C - serves domestic / American airlines, gates C2 to C39
- Terminal E - serves domestic / American and international airlines, gates E2 to E38
- Bureau de change centers
- 24-hour cashpoint machines (ATMs) and post office facilities
- Numerous airport restaurants, cafés, fast-food shops and bars
- An excellent selection of shops, including newsagents, gift shops and also duty-free shops in Terminals A and B
- Car hire companies - including Alamo, Avis, Budget, Enterprise, E-Z Car Rental, Fox Rent-A-Car, Hertz, National and Thrifty Car Rental
- Business facilities are available at the airport's Laptop Lane business center, including fast Internet access, work areas, telephones, fax machines. Meeting rooms and conference capabilities can be found at the nearby Hyatt hotel
- Short-term parking available with direct access to Dallas Fort Worth International Airport (DFW)
- Long-term budget parking is situated close to Dallas Fort Worth Airport (DFW), with regular courtesy airport shuttle buses
- Special facilities for disabled travelers
- Other facilities at Dallas Fort Worth International Airport (DFW) include multi-lingual travel and tourist information desks, chapel areas, luggage trolleys and baby changing areas
Dallas city center is well signposted from Dallas Fort Worth Airport (DFW) and the journey from Dallas Airport (DFW) into the city center lasts approximately 40 minutes, depending upon traffic. Dallas Fort Worth International Airport (DFW) features good connections to the Dallas highway network and major roads that travel into Dallas include Highway I- 35, Highway I-813, Highway I-820 and Highway SR-183.
Passengers at DFW will find easy access between the terminal areas by an automated train system, serving all the parking areas and the airport hotels. This useful service features stations in each airport terminal, with easily understandable color-coded routes.
The DFW TrAAin service (American Airlines) provides travel for American Airlines and American Eagle terminal gates, with train stations situated at Terminal A Gates A13 and A17, Terminal B Gates B5 and B6, and Terminal C Gates C2 and C28.
Dallas Fort Worth International Airport (DFW) is served by a reliable public bus service that travels from the airport's terminals into central Dallas and other nearby suburban areas, at regular intervals throughout the day. Buses at Dallas Airport are an inexpensive way to travel and many central hotels now provide a door-to-door shuttle bus service for their guests, traveling from Dallas airport, directly to the hotel at no cost.
A further bus service is also provided by the Dallas Area Rapid Transport (DART), with the 202 bus serving the North Shuttle parking area and the 409 bus serving the South parking area.
The Fort Worth Transit Authority's 'Airporter shuttle bus service travels to many areas, departing from the airport every 30 minutes. Detailed public travel and shuttle bus transport information is clearly displayed on ground transportation boards, which are located in all terminals near the baggage reclaim areas.
Taxis are plentiful at Dallas Fort Worth International Airport (DFW) and can be found outside of the airport's terminals, offering a convenient way to travel into nearby Dallas city center. It is always a good idea to use only official Dallas DFW airport taxi cabs, to ensure safety and also to prevent to possibility of being overcharged. Taxi companies operating at Dallas DFW Airport include Broomfield Taxis, Metro Taxis and Yellow Taxi Cabs.