Nashville International Airport (BNA) Information
(Nashville, Tennessee - TN, USA)
Lying on the eastern side of Nashville, the city's international airport is connected to the city center by Interstate I-40. The airport began its life in the late 1930s and was used as a military base for its first decade, with commercial flights soon beginning.
Today, Nashville International Airport sees monthly passenger numbers close to one million, with notable airlines based here including the likes of American Eagle, Southwest Airlines, United Express and US Airways Express, amongst others.
Nashville International Airport (BNA)
Address: One Terminal Drive / Briley Parkway / Donelson Pike, Nashville, 37214-4114, Tennessee TN, USA
Tel: +1 615 275 1600
Nashville International Airport stands just 8 miles / 13 km from the downtown district, being reached in approximately 25 minutes by road and located close to the suburbs of Castlewood, Glencliff and Miro Meadows. Nearby places of reference include the Seven Oaks Park, the Ezell Road Park and the Hamilton Creek Metropolitan Park, while further afield and to the west you will find the Trevecca Nazarene University and the Tennessee State Fairgrounds.
Nashville Airports Guide
- Bureaux de change / foreign currency desks
- Sun Trust Bank and cash machines (ATMs)
- Business Service Center within the passenger terminals
- Post boxes and postal services
- Restaurants, cafes, bars and fast-food outlets, including Blue Coast Burrito, Burger King, Famous Famiglia, Nathan's Famous, O'Charley's, Popeyes, Quiznos Sub, Starbucks, Tennessee Tavern, Wendy's and Whitt's Barbecue
- Numerous shops, including Boswell's Music City Harley-Davidson, Fly Babies, Godiva, Graycliff, Hudson Booksellers, Hudson News, Radio Road and Spirit of the Red Horse
- Car rental companies, including Alamo, Avis, Budget Rental, Dollar, Enterprise, Hertz, National and Thrifty Car Rental
- Short-term, long-term and economy car parking, as well as cell-phone waiting areas with flight display information
- Disabled parking spaces
- Disabled facilities, such as ramps and TDD telephones
- Information desks at the Airport Welcome Center, in the main passenger terminal
- Other facilities include a playground area for children, art exhibitions, a massage center and luggage trolleys
Public buses are to be found outside of the main passenger terminal building, where they gather on the ground transportation level. The main bus route is operated by the Metropolitan Transit Authority (MTA). Shared-ride vans and shuttles are also available onsite, being operated by companies such as 24 HR Clarksville, Anytime-Transport, Groome, InShuttle, Jarmon D & Q Transportation and Region-Wide Transit.
Hotel / Motel Shuttle Buses
Many downtown hotels and motels choose to provide complimentary shuttles for their guests. Participating hotels include those residing on:
- Atrium Way - Club-Hotel Nashville Inn & Suites, DoubleTree Guest Suites
- Donelson Pike - Baymont Inn, Country Inn & Suites, Drury Inn & Suites, Hampton Inn & Suites
- Elm Hill Pike - Holiday Inn Select Opryland Airport, Homewood Suites Hotel, Residence Inn by Marriott
- Music City Circle - Best Western Suites, Courtyard by Marriott, Fairfield Inn
- Music Valley Drive - Guest House Inn & Suites
- Opryland Drive - Gaylord Opryland Hotel
Taxi ranks are sited alongside the main passenger terminal building, being found on the ground transportation level. Popular destinations include Brentwood, Clarksville, the Cool Springs Mall, Franklin, Goodlettsville, the Greyhound Bus Station, Madison, Murfreesboro, Music Row, the Rivergate Mall, Spring Hill and Vanderbilt. Taxi firms based here include Allied, American Music City, Checker Cabs, United and Yellow Cabs.
Limousine companies operating at Nashville Airport include Bestway Transportation, Black Diamond, Legacy Limos and VIP Transport, being best arranged in advance.