Charleston International Airport (CHS) Information
(Charleston, South Carolina - SC, USA)
With more than 160 flights arriving and departing each day at Charleston Airport (CHS), airlines here travel to a wide range of international locations. Charleston has become an important transport hub in South Carolina (SC), with over a million passengers using the airport each year.
Charleston International Airport (CHS)
Address: 5500 International Boulevard, Charleston, South Carolina SC, 29418-6911, USA
Tel: +1 843 767 1100
Charleston Airport stands just 12 miles / 19 km to the northwest of the city center and offers many good ground transportation options.
Charleston International Airport Guide
Charleston Airport features one large terminal building with two main concourse areas, A and B, housing a range of facilities and services. The main airlines served at the airport include Continental Airlines, Delta Air Lines, Independence Air, Northwest Airlines, United Express and US Airways.
- Foreign exchange desks
- 24-hour ATM cashpoints near to the gift shops
- Airport business center with a range of business facilities, including Internet access
- Restaurants in main atrium area and both concourses, snack bars, seating areas and vending machines
- VIP room
- Numerous shops including gift shops with souvenirs and postcards of Charleston, newsstand and bookstore
- Car hire / car rental companies at Charleston Airport - including Alamo, Avis, Hertz Car Rental, Budget Rental, National and Thrifty Car Rental
- Parking for around 2500 cars at Charleston Airport, including covered parking, long-term parking and valet parking
- Disabled parking spaces and lifts / elevators
- Travel information desks and hospitality counter
- Other facilities at Charleston Airport including a nursery and luggage trolleys
Charleston Airport is close to the city center, with the journey by car taking around 20 minutes in good traffic conditions. Major highways and important roads close to the airport include Airport Road, West Aviation Avenue, the I-26 and Highway 642, with the route both to and from central Charleston being well signposted.
Public buses at the airport are operated by the Charleston Area Regional Transportation Authority (CARTA) and offer a cheap way to travel into the nearby city center. Shared shuttle buses are also available at Charleston Airport and stand close to the taxi ranks, to one side of the inner terminal road.
Charleston Airport's taxi ranks can be found along the inner terminal road and also nearby the hire car collection area. Sharing airport taxis is a popular way to reduce the overall cost.
Luxury limousines are located close to the airport's taxi ranks and may be booked in advance if required.