Federico Fellini Airport (RMI) Information
(Rimini, Emilia-Romagna, Italy)
Named after the famous Italian movie director, a son of the city, and locally known as the Rimini-Miramare Airport, the Federico Fellini Airport serves the city of Rimini and its surroundings, including San Marino city in the nearby Republic of San Marino. The facility is conveniently located for tourists visiting the historic and naturally beautiful regions of Tuscany, Umbria and Marche, while also suiting business travellers heading to Emilia Romagna. Rimini itself is a major Adriatic holiday resort destination.
The airport, which now handles in the region of one million travellers annually, is a hub for Air Vallee, and its dozen or so carriers are all low-cost, with the exception of Luxair. Ryanair, Air Berlin, Wind Jet and a swathe of other smaller airlines offer domestic flights to Italian air hubs, several of which are seasonal. Destinations include Naples, Rome and Sardinia. International flights are operated by Air Berlin to Germany and Switzerland, by Luxair to Luxembourg, by S7 and VIM airlines to Moscow, by Ryanair to London, and by Wind Jet to Amsterdam
, Oslo, Bucharest, St. Petersburg and Kiev.
The single terminal copes well with seasonal passenger demands, with its busiest period during the summer months being due to the high number of domestic and international visitors to the resort areas and the historic city itself. Rimini was originally a Roman city and is over 2,000 years old, with its many important landmarks telling of former times.
Federico Fellini Airport (RMI)
Address: Via Flaminia 409, Miramare di Rimini, 47924, Emilia Romagna, Italy
Tel: +39 054 171 5711
The Federico Fellini Airport complex is situated just 8 km / 5 miles south-east of Rimini and some 20 km / 12 miles north-east of San Marino, in a residential suburb. Riccione, Marano and the Parco della Resistenza are also close by. The travel time to Rimini by road, except in rush hours and on weekends, should be around 20 minutes.
- An information and tourist help desk is found in the terminal
- A VIP lounge is provided, with excellent facilities such as Wi-Fi, Italian food, snacks, multilingual staff and Sky TV
- Coffee shops are located in the main terminal areas
- A self-service restaurant, bars and snacks are found both landside and airside
- A bank, a currency exchange desk and an ATM are available in the main hall
- Schengen and non-Schengen duty free outlets are located airside
- Car rentals are available in the Arrivals area with Hertz, Avis, Sixt, Europcar, Maggiore or TravelCar
- Book your Rimini Car Hire here
- Staff are available to assist passengers with reduced mobility, when notified through their airline in advance
- A first-aid room and mother and baby room are provided
- Long-term and short-term parking is provided outside the terminal
Drivers should head north-west, taking a right onto the Via Flaminia (SS-16) after leaving the airport. Stay on the SS-16 for approximately 4 km / 2.5 miles and then turn left onto the Via Bernardino Gueritti. At the roundabout, drivers need to take the exit onto the Via Luigi Poletti, which leads to the Piazza Cavour in the city centre. Drivers should expect a journey time of around 20 minutes.
Municipal bus number 9 leaves every half-hour from the terminal and runs to Rimini city centre, as well as its railway station. The fares for the bus are inexpensive, and so this is a popular transport option for those on a budget.
Tel: +39 054 160 0553
Officially registered, metered taxis operating at the airport are to be found at the rank outside of the Arrivals area and offer regulated rates for the main routes. Popular cab destinations include Bellariva, Gabicce Monte, Gatteo, Marebello, Pesaro, Rivazzurra, San Giuliano a Mare, San Mauro Mare, Viserba and Viserbella. Taxi Rimini and Taxi Riccione are two of the most reliable local cab firms.