Boston Maps and Orientation
(Boston, Massachusetts -MA, USA)
Situated on the far eastern side of Massachusetts, next to the coastline, the city of Boston is both the state's biggest city and also its capital. Boston serves as one of America's most historic cities, boasting a lengthy and fascinating story, and resides within the county of Suffolk, where it is the county seat.
The city belongs to a spreading metropolitan area known as Greater Boston, with close to five million people now living within this region, although this figure grows substantially during the working week, thanks to the arrival of commuters.
There is no denying that Boston is a very walkable city. Its clearly marked Freedom Trail is a hugely popular draw for tourists looking to stroll from attraction to attraction. Maps are always handy for walkers, ensuring that you won't miss out on anything interesting along the way.
Maps and Orientation of the City
Tourists on vacation in Boston will find that the city center is full of sightseeing opportunities, as well as good shopping. The Boston Common is an ideal place to start your explorations, particularly since the tourist office is based here (a convenient source of maps and leaflets), as well as the beginning of the Freedom Trail itself. Many attractions radiate outwards from the Common and you won't have far to walk to unearth some local history.
Beacon Hill looks down on the Boston Common and this part of the city is both a historic and wealthy neighborhood, with a successful mixture of colonial architecture and more contemporary buildings.
- Brockton - 25 miles / 40 km (40 minutes, south)
- Haverhill - 37 miles / 60 km (one hour, north)
- Lawrence - 29 miles / 47 km (45 minutes, north)
- Leominster - 56 miles / 90 km (one hour and 20 minutes, northwest)
- Lowell - 32 miles / 51 km (50 minutes, northwest)
- Nashua - 49 miles / 79 km (one hour and 15 minutes, northwest)
- New Bedford - 59 miles / 95 km (one hour and 30 minutes, south)
- Newton - 11 miles / 18 km (20 minutes, west)
- Pawtucket - 46 miles / 74 km (one hour and ten minutes, southwest)
- Peabody - 19 miles / 31 km (35 minutes, northeast)
- Plymouth - 39 miles / 63 km (one hour, southeast)
- Providence - 50 miles / 80 km (one hour and 15 minutes, southwest)
- Quincy - 10 miles / 16 km (20 minutes, south)
- Worcester - 45 miles / 72 km (one hour and ten minutes, west)
Map of the United States
Map of Massachusetts
Map of Boston