Quebec City Jean Lesage International Airport (YQB) Information
(Quebec City, Quebec - QC, Canada)
The Quebec Jean Lesage International Airport is the main air gateway for Quebec City. This busy complex handles over one million passengers a year and is the second-biggest airport in the province of Quebec.
The airport is located within easy access of the city center, which is the capital of Quebec. The city is known for its stunning Chateau Frontenac and the beautiful St. Lawrence River.
Roughly 15 airlines fly in and out of the airport, providing connections to destinations within Canada
, the US
and Europe. These carriers include Air Canada, Pascan Aviation, United Express and US Airways Express. Seasonal charter flights to Mexico
and the Caribbean are on offer through WestJet, Sunwing Airlines and CanJet.
Quebec City Jean Lesage International Airport (YQB)
Address: 500 Rue Principale, Sainte-Foy, Quebec G2G 2T9, Canada
Tel: +1 418 640 3300
The Quebec Jean Lesage International Airport is located 10 miles / 16 km west of the city center. From the grounds, it is easy to access the famous St. Lawrence River and boroughs such as Saint Foy Sillery Cap Rouge.
- International currency exchange is available on the ground and second floors of the terminal
- ATMs are located on the terminal's ground and second floors
- Passengers will find an array of restaurants, cafés and bars on the second floor of the terminal, including the Aerobar and Tim Hortons
- Shopping includes souvenirs, books and travel amenities, as well as duty free goods at outlets such as Relay
- Car hire companies on the main floor include Avis, Budget, Enterprise, Hertz and National
- Those travelling with children can make use of the Kids Zone and nursing room
- Business travelers can use computers and other facilities at the Business Zone
- Short-term (less than 15 minutes) and long-term (up to one week) parking is available
- Wi-Fi access is available throughout the terminal
- 24-hour luggage storage onsite
Visitors should take Route de l'Aeroport from the airport to Route 40 (Autoroute Felix Leclerc), which links with Route 440 (Autoroute Charest) and ultimately to the city center. The airport is well-connected to the city's highway network and provides good access to all the boroughs of Quebec City.
The drive to the city center takes around 20 minutes. En route you will pass the outdoor space known as the Base de Plein Air de Sainte-Foy, as well as the Notre Dame de Belmont Park and the neighborhood of Saint Sacrement.
Tel: +1 418 627 2511
RTC (Réseau de Transport de la Capitale), the bus and public transport service of Quebec City, offers weekday bus connections from the airport to the centrally located Terminus Les Saules, through bus number 78. Of note, passengers must have the exact change ready to pay the fare.
Four taxi companies have licences to pick up passengers at the terminal, namely Taxi Coop Quebec, Taxi Coop Sainte Foy Sillery, Taxi Laurier and Taxi Quebec. Passengers are advised to book taxis in advance or contact the airport information desk on arrival. Limousine services can also be booked in advance or at the information desk inside the terminal building.