Edmonton International Airport (YEG) Information
(Edmonton, Alberta - AB, Canada)
Located on the western side of Canada
, Edmonton International Airport is a major hub for Alberta. This facility handles over 6.2 million passengers a year, with many direct flights to the US
and Europe originating from this hub. Over a dozen domestic Canadian destinations are also serviced here, with airlines being spread between the North and South terminals.
WestJet uses Edmonton International Airport as its hub, providing domestic and US air connections, as well as seasonal charter flights to Mexico
. Other major airlines include Air Canada, North-Western Air, United Express and Central Mountain Air, while Air Transat offers seasonal connections to London Gatwick
and other destinations.
The airport is growing and continuing to develop as a major hub in Canada. New shops and services have recently been added, along with an extension to the existing terminal and a modern airport hotel.
Edmonton International Airport (YEG)
Address: 1, 1000 Airport Road, Leduc County, Alberta T9E 0V3, Canada
Tel: +1 780 890 8900
Edmonton International Airport is located roughly 19 miles / 30 km south of the city center and just north of the town of Leduc. Access to Edmonton city center is via Highway 2 (the Queen Elizabeth II Highway / the Gateway Boulevard).
- Travelers can make use of the Plaza Premium Common Use Lounge for a fee
- The International Currency Exchange can be found in the Central Hall
- There are plenty of cafés, restaurants, a food court and bars available, both before and after security check. These include Booster Juice, the Euro Café, the Mountain Lodge Bar and Grill, the Plaza Premium Lounge, Quiznos and Starbucks
- Shopping is abundant, with brand stores such as Sunglass Hut and iStore, as well as duty free shops and Hudson News
- Car hire companies are available on Level P1 of the Parkade, including Alamo, Avis, Budget, Enterprise, Hertz and National
- A barrier-free environment is available for those with disabilities
- Dog owners can make use of one of the three 'dog run' facilities on the Arrivals level
- Valet parking is available for those in a hurry
- Parking is available at the Easy Parkade, just outside the terminal building, as well as at the Value Park Lot and the JetSet Parking Lot
Driving to Edmonton is easy from the airport, via Highway 2 north, with this drive taking in the region of 40 minutes and passing by the Blackburn Creek Park, Ermineskin, Pleasantview and the Strathcona Junction. There are several lesser routes that connect the airport to residential areas outside Edmonton as well.
Tel: +1 780 465 8515
Visitors can use the sky shuttle bus service from the airport to reach a specified location or hotel in Edmonton. It is possible to pre-book sky shuttle buses or you can simply go to the pick-up point on the Arrivals level. Many hotels in Edmonton offer shuttle bus service to and from the grounds for guests. There is a long list of hotels offering this service on the Arrivals level, with notable brands including the likes of Days Inn, Denham Inn, Executive Express, Hampton Inn, Hilton Garden Inn, Holiday Inn Express, Quality Inn, Ramada Inn, Super 8 Motel and Travelodge.
Taxis and Limousines
Taxis are readily available from just outside the terminal building. The airport is serviced by local companies such as Airport Taxi Service and Prestige Limousines. It is possible to pre-book pick ups and drop offs.