Naples International Airport (NAP) Information
(Naples, Campania, Italy)
Known in Italian as the Aeroporto Internazionale di Napoli, Naples International Airport lies within the north-easterly suburb of Capodichino, being close to San Pietro a Patierno and next to the Ramo Capodichino. The airport is just 7 km / 4 miles from the city centre and is connected by the Calata Capodichino, the Piazza Giuseppe Garibaldi and the Corso Umberto I.
Naples International Airport has its origins within World War I, when it was heavily used by the military forces. Today, annual passenger numbers are close to six million, with more than 60,000 flights each year using the single runway.
Naples International Airport (NAP) / Arriving by Air
Address: Viale F. Ruffo di Calabria / Via del Riposo, Naples, 80144, Italy
Tel: +39 (0)81 789 6111
Located less than ten minutes from the city centre and close to the Parco di Capodimonte, Naples International Airport comes with two large terminals, which are within comfortable walking distance of each other. Naples Airport is used by many major international airlines, such as Air Berlin, Air France, Air Italy, Alitalia, Bmibaby, British Airways, EasyJet, Iberia Express, Lufthansa, Meridiana Fly, Thomas Cook Airlines, Thomson Airways and VIM Airlines, amongst others.
Naples International (NAP) Airport Guide
- Bureau de change
- 24-hour cash machines (ATMs)
- Banks and a full-service post office
- Restaurants, cafés, fast-food outlets and bars, including the Autogrill, Blu Bar, Ciao, La Piazzetta, McDonald's, Obika, Puro Gusto, Tentazioni and the Zumo Smoothie Bar
- Many first-class shops, including the Aeronautica Militare, Aldeasa Duty Free, Camomilla Italia, Carthusia, the Duty Free Shop, Fattorie Garofalo, Feltrinelli Express, Ischia Thermae, Napolimania, Pasticceria Bellavia, Sunstore, Travel Masters and Yamamay
- Tourist information office
- Meeting rooms are available on request and these are fully equipped with telephone, fax, PC and Internet access
- Car hire companies - including Avis Autonoleggio, Budget Italia, Dollar, Europcar, Hertz, Locauto, Maggiore, Sicily by Car, Sixt and Targarent
- Six car parks with over 1,200 parking spaces, offering long-term, mid-term and short-term parking, as well as a car valet service
- Comprehensive disabled facilities
- Further facilities include fast track security checks to avoid queues, first aid, lost luggage and lost property, a post office, special passengers assistance and a VIP lounge
Operated by Azienda Napoletana Mobilità (ANM), frequent buses travel to and from the airport from the Napoli Centrale railway station and the port of Naples (the Piazza Municipio), departing roughly four times an hour throughout the day. Tickets are available for purchase at the Sunstore shop based within the Arrivals area.
There are also Alibus shuttle buses that travel to and from the central railway station, the Piazza Municipio and the Piazza Garibaldi, running every 30 minutes. Tickets for these shuttles can be purchased as you board the bus.
Further afield, buses also connect Avellino (55 minutes, east), Benevento (one hour and 30 minutes, north-east), Caserta (45 minutes, north), Sorrento (one hour and 20 minutes, south), Salerno (one hour and ten minutes, south-east) and Serre (one hour and 40 minutes, south-east).
Cars can be readily hired at the airport, with the best prices tending to be secured when booked ahead of arrival. The drive into the city centre follows the A56 / Tangenziale (bypass) road and this journey should take in the region of ten minutes. From the airport, it is even possible to drive all the way to Rome (to the north-west) in around two hours, via the A1 'Motorway of the Sun' (the Autostrada del Sole).
There are usually a number of authorised taxis based directly outside of the arrivals concourse, offering an easy way to travel to your hotel. Fixed rates are in use for the main destinations within the city limits, such as the city centre itself, the port of Molo Beverello, and Mergellina, where you can catch a hydrofoil and sail to the island of Capri, as well as the Ischia Islands.