Detroit Metropolitan Wayne County Airport (DTW) Information
(Detroit, Michigan - MI, USA)
Detroit, in the busy state of Michigan (MI), can be easily reached by air and is home to Detroit Metropolitan Wayne County Airport, which contains all of the usual airport facilities and services that you would expect.
Thousands of people arrive daily at Detroit by air and the airport is served my many major airlines. Regular public buses and taxis provide inexpensive and convenient travel into nearby central Detroit and many car rental options are also available at the airport.
Detroit Metro Airport (DTW)
Address: 2501 Worldgateway Place, Detroit, Michigan (MI), 48242, USA
Tel: +1 734 247 7678
Detroit Airport (DTW) is located just 18 miles / 29 km to the southwest of central Detroit, Michigan (MI). This is one of the largest and most important airports in this area of the United States.
Detroit Airports Guide
Detroit Metro Airport (DTW) contains three large and busy terminal buildings, serving numerous different airlines.
- McNamara Terminal - serving American and international airlines, gates 1 to 97
- LC Smith Terminal - serving American and Canadian airlines
- Michael Berry Terminal - serving domestic, international and also charter flights
- Bureau de change centers and cashpoint machines (ATMs)
- Airport postal facilities
- Restaurants, bars, coffee shops, fast food outlets and vending machines
- Numerous shops including gift shops selling souvenirs of Detroit, and duty-free shopping
- Car hire / car rental companies at DTW airport - including Avis Rent-A-Car, Hertz Corporation, Budget Rent A Car, Alamo Rent A Car, Dollar and Thrifty
- Short-term and long-term car parking in large garage area, next to the Smith Terminal
- Further short-term car parking is available close to the Berry Terminal
- Disabled parking spaces located close to the main entrances at Detroit DTW airport
- Disabled facilities, including easy access for wheelchair users
Driving to and from Detroit Airport is relatively straightforward and the airport is well signposted. Detroit Airport is connected to a number of nearby major roads and busy highways, which include Highway I-75, Highway I-94 and Eureka Road.
Detroit Metro Airport (DTW) is well served by numerous public buses, which operate at regular intervals throughout the day. Known as SMART buses, the airport buses depart from the south terminal, close to the main transport offices, and travel into Detroit city center and other nearby districts. Airport buses are an inexpensive and way to travel and a number of hotels in Detroit now provide door-to-door courtesy shuttle buses, which travel directly to their hotel.
Taxis are in plentiful supply at Detroit Metro Airport (DTW) , offering the most convenient way to travel into nearby Detroit and other suburban destinations. The journey from Detroit Metro Airport into the city center lasts approximately 40 minutes, depending upon the levels of traffic. It is always advisable to only use official airport taxis to ensure safety and also to avoid any overcharging. Detroit Airport taxis may make additional charges for a number of reasons, and so it is sensible to check charges with the taxi driver before leaving Detroit Airport.