Jacksonville International Airport (JAX) Information
(Jacksonville, Florida - FL, USA)
This part of Florida is easy to reach by plane and is well-connected by the busy Jacksonville International Airport (JAX). Operated by the Jacksonville Aviation Authority, the airport serves not only the city, but also the northeastern area of Florida (FL) and southeastern Georgia
Providing flights to many major cities in the USA, each year more than five million people arrive and depart from this air facility, with the city center being conveniently connected by the I-95 Interstate (State Road 228).
Jacksonville International Airport (JAX)
Address: 2400 Yankee Clipper Drive, Jacksonville, Florida FL, 32218, USA
Tel: +1 904 741 2000
Jacksonville Airport stands around 15 miles / 24 km to the north of the city center and a number of inexpensive ground transportation options are available here. Each day there are around 200 arrivals and departures at the airport, while each month sees passenger numbers to the tune of some 500,000, and growing.
Jacksonville International Airport (JAX) Guide
The airport currently features one large terminal building and three separate concourse areas, with a range of travel-related facilities. Considerable investment has been injected into a brand new Concourse B.
- Concourse A - serving airlines such as Comair, Delta, Northwest and TWA Airlines
- Concourse B - serving airlines such as Metrojet, Midway, United, United Express, US Airways and Independence Air
- Concourse C - serving airlines such as Airtran, American Airlines, American Eagle, Continental and Southwest Airlines
- Postal service and stamp machine
- Telephones available throughout the terminal
- 24-hour ATM cashpoints on the lower level by luggage reclaim, and on the upper level by the security area
- Business center on the upper level in the courtyard area, offering dataports, mobile phone hire and postal services
- Executive airport lounge in Concourse A
- Meeting and conference rooms at the onsite Clarion Hotel and Conference Center
- Wide selection of bars, coffee shops and fast-food restaurants, including the Budweiser Stadium Club, Burger King, Chilli's Too, Cinnabon, Nathan's Famous Hot Dogs, Quiznos, Sam Snead's, Sbarros the Italian Eatery and Starbucks
- Numerous shops including Brighton Collectibles, Brooks Brothers, the CNBC Newsstand, the Haskell Art Gallery, InMotion Pictures DVD Rentals, Insight, the NY Times Bookstore, Paradies' River City Travel Mart and SmarteCarte Rental
- Car hire / car rental companies based on the lower level - including Alamo, Avis, Budget, Dollar, Enterprise, Hertz and Thrifty Rental
- Multistory garage parking, valet parking and economy areas
- Disabled parking spaces, lifts / elevators, wheelchairs and specially adapted toilets
- Welcome Center information desks, manned by helpful staff
- Lost property counter and luggage trolleys
- Other facilities include an art gallery, shoeshine, baggage caddies, a massage center, a games room and a greeting service
Unfortunately, due to an insufficient requirement for currency exchange, this service is currently unavailable at the airport.
The city center is easy to reach, with the nearby Airport Road connecting to the I-95 Interstate. Jacksonville Airport is located just off the I-95 (junction 363-B) and the route to the city is well signposted, lasting around 30 minutes in total. Rental cars are available onsite, with all of the ground transport services being based on the terminal's lower level, alongside the luggage reclaim area.
Express Shuttle buses depart at regular intervals outside of the terminal's lower level, with the popular EZ Shuttles traveling all over Jacksonville, Florida and Southeast Georgia. These inexpensive shuttles provide excellent value for money and are a popular method of ground transportation. Pearl Executive Shuttles are also available and connect many neighboring destinations.
Hotel shuttles operate for a number of the city's larger hotels and generally need to be requested in advance. These courtesy shuttles provide free door-to-door travel, to and from Jacksonville Airport.
Tel: +1 904 741 0008
Taxi cabs are operated by Gator City Taxis and the taxi rank can be found outside of the main entrance to the terminal building.
A luxury limousine service operates at the airport and provides the ultimate way to travel into nearby Jacksonville. These are operated by Ana's Limos, Bob's Travel Service, Bon Voyage, Skyjax and Terry Transportation.