Toronto Pearson International Airport (YYZ) Information
(Toronto, Ontario - ON, Canada)
Canada's largest and busiest air facility is the Toronto Pearson International Airport, one of the world's main air hubs. Every year, more than 33 million passengers fly through here en route to Canada's largest city and the province of Ontario. By comparison, Canada's second-busiest airport in Vancouver only handles roughly half the passenger traffic of Toronto Pearson.
Around 65 airlines are based here and operate regular flights to more than 180 destinations around the globe. This is the home base of national carrier Air Canada, which runs the majority of the airport's flights to destinations around the country and North America at large.
Toronto Pearson's two terminals both handle domestic and international flights. They are connected by the modern LINK Train people mover and contain an impressive array of amenities for passengers. This modern airport offers Wi-Fi Internet for its guests, along with special attractions like a dinosaur exhibit in Terminal 1, the Toronto on Film exhibit in Terminal 3, and a series of permanent and rotating art exhibitions.
Toronto Pearson International Airport (YYZ)
Address: 3111 Convair Drive, Toronto AMF, Ontario L5P 1B2, Canada, CA
Tel: +1 416 247 7678
Located about 17 miles / 27 km northwest of downtown, the Toronto Pearson International Airport is easily accessible by a range of public and private transportation options. Being in the northern corner of the city, the airport is near the suburbs of Rexdale, Malton and Downsview.
Toronto Pearson International Airport Guide
- Currency exchange kiosks and ATMs can be found in both terminals
- The entire complex is accessible to disabled visitors and offers wireless Internet
- The airport goes above and beyond to provide high-end, creative dining options like Trillium and Heirloom, which complement conventional eateries, bars and snack shops
- Both terminals boast an impressive array of shops selling duty free goods, reading material, electronics, gifts and travel sundries. Stores include Best Buy Express, Relay, iStore, Maclean's and Watermark
- Car rental firms are on hand, including Hertz, Avis, Budget, Dollar, Thrifty, National and Enterprise
- VIP lounges in both terminals are open to all passengers and offer hot food, bars, flat-screen TVs and comfortable chairs
- Art exhibits, full-scale dinosaurs and amazing photography and film combine to give the facility a cultural edge rarely experienced in an airport
- Covered parking and economy lots are serviced by the terminal train, or you can use the valet service for the ultimate convenience
Cars and Taxis
Major highways approach the Toronto Pearson International Airport from every direction in this sprawling metropolis, ensuring quick and easy access when driving. The airport controls some 360 licenced taxis and more than 275 limousines, ensuring that quality and fairness is present. All fares within the Greater Toronto Area (GTA) are preset based on destination.
The Express Bus is the most convenient and affordable way to reach destinations in the downtown Toronto area. For out-of-town destinations in Ontario and even border cities in the US, Aboutown Transport Limited provides transport.