Malaga Airport (AGP) Information
(Torremolinos, Costa del Sol, Spain)
Serving much of the Costa del Sol and located conveniently close to Torremolinos, Malaga Airport receives the most international flights and serves the most passengers of any Andalusian airport. None of Spain's airports have stayed in their original locations as long as this one. Since 1995, it has doubled in terms of passenger usage and now boasts a total annual passenger throughput in the region of 13 million.
This airport primarily serves locations in the UK and EU, with flights to over 60 countries. Most visitors to the tiny British territory of Gibraltar travel through Malaga Airport, which is much bigger than the facility serving Gibraltar itself. However, most of the passengers are bound for the surrounding Costa del Sol beach resorts of southern Spain, including Torremolinos.
This complex comes equipped with special general aviation and cargo terminals, as well as three passenger terminals. All three of the terminals are conveniently located adjacent to one another.
Malaga Airport (AGP)
Address: Avenida Garcia Morato / Avenida de Velazquez (MA-21), Malaga, 29004, Spain
Tel: +34 952 204 84 84
The only road which travels the 8 km / 5 miles between Malaga
and its airport is the MA21. Torremolinos, a popular Costa del Sol beach resort, is a mere 5 km / 3 miles from the airport and to the south, while Marbella is roughly 48 km / 30 miles to the southwest.
Malaga Airport (AGP) Guide
- Terminal 3 contains a National Geographic store
- A Starbucks, a Pizza Hut and a Burger King are all situated within the Terminal 3 food hall, the biggest such airport food hall in Europe
- Information desks are available in the Arrivals halls of Terminals 1 and 2, and the Departures hall of Terminal 2
- ATMs are found across all terminals
- Terminals 1 and 2 contain roughly a dozen international and local car hire companies, including Budget, Europcar and Avis
- The Arrivals hall of Terminal 2 contains a Unicaja banking branch
- The Baggage Reclaim areas feature currency exchange desks
- Telephones and fax machines are provided within the three VIP lounges
- The Costa del Sol lounge can host small meetings
Cars and Taxis
The airport is situated between Gibraltar and Murcia, along one of the region's major routes, the E15. This thoroughfare travels alongside the Mediterranean shore and connects Marbella, passing by Torremolinos, Benalmadena, Campo Mijas, Fuengirola, La Cala de Mijas, Sitio de Calahonda, Elviria and Los Monteros. Taxis are on hand at ranks found at Terminal 1 Arrivals and Terminal 2 Departures. Taxi Union and Uni Taxi are the main providers, with rides connecting Malaga in around 20 minutes and Marbella in a little under an hour. By road, Torremolinos is reachable in roughly ten minutes or thereabouts.
Airport buses depart from Terminal 3's forecourt, adjacent to Arrivals. Available services include EMT Malaga buses to Malaga city (30 minutes), CTSA-Portillo buses to Marbella (45 minutes), CTMAM buses to Alhaurin de la Torre, and ALSA buses to Seville and Granada.
Cercanias Malaga trains stop at the onsite train station roughly every 20 minutes, which is just a short walk from Terminal 3. Rail services run to Malaga and Fuengirola, with a Marbella extension being a recent addition.