Edinburgh Airport (EDI) Information
(Glasgow, Scotland, UK)
Major airlines at Edinburgh Turnhouse Airport (EDI) , nearby Glasgow, offer a large number of departures and also smaller airlines at Edinburgh Airport offer low-cost, no-frill airlines with a more limited number of flights arriving and departing from the airport. Edinburgh Airport is within easy reach of Glasgow city centre.
Edinburgh Turnhouse Airport (EDI)
Address: Edinburgh, EH12 9DN, Scotland, UK
Tel: +44 (0)870 040 0007
Edinburgh Airport is situated just 12 km / 8 miles to the west of central Edinburgh, 43 miles / 70 km from Glasgow city, with good connections to the Edinburgh area. This important, busy Scottish airport deals with large numbers of passengers throughout the year and Edinburgh Airport has excellent facilities.
Edinburgh Airport (EDI) Guide
Edinburgh Airport (EDI) has one main terminal building, serving a large number of different airlines at the airport.
- Bureau de change
- 24-hour cash machines (ATMs) and postal facilities
- Food village, with restaurants, cafés, fast food outlets and bars
- Shopping centre with tax and duty-free shops
- Car hire companies - including Alamo, Avis, Europcar, Hertz and National Car Rental
- Business facilities are available at the airport's executive lounges, which include telephones, fax and computers with fast Internet access
- Conference facilities are available at the nearby Hilton Edinburgh Airport Hotel for up to 220 delegates
- Passenger pick-up areas are located close to the airport's main building
- Short-term parking is available with direct access to Edinburgh Airport (EDI)
- Long-term economy parking is located close to Edinburgh Airport (EDI), with over 2,000 spaces, and is connected to the airport by courtesy shuttle buses
- Special facilities for disabled passengers
Edinburgh Airport is situated close to the major A8 road, that connects to central Edinburgh. The route is well sign posted and when travelling from Edinburgh Airport (EDI), head south towards the Newbridge and Gogar roundabouts. The journey from Edinburgh Airport into Edinburgh city centre should take no more than 30 minutes, depending on traffic, and Glasgow can be reached in less than one hour.
Regular buses are available at Edinburgh Turnhouse Airport (EDI) outside of the airport's domestic arrivals area. Edinburgh Airport's buses travel to the main Edinburgh bus station at Waverley Bridge and to the Edinburgh Haymarket train station. Bus and coach services also travel to other towns and cities nearby Edinburgh, including Edinburgh, and this is a convenient and economical way to travel to Glasgow.
Express buses are also available at Edinburgh Turnhouse Airport (EDI) and these operate throughout the day and night, with frequent buses travelling into central Edinburgh.
Tel: +44 (0)131 333 2220
Taxis are readily available at Edinburgh Airport (EDI) from Skycabs, outside of the airport's main terminal building, close to domestic arrivals, and provide a convenient and easy way to travel into nearby Edinburgh and other destinations, including Glasgow. The journey from Edinburgh Airport into central Edinburgh will take around 25 minutes, depending on traffic, and Glasgow is less than one hour by taxi. Official Edinburgh Airport taxis should be used at all times to ensure safety and also to avoid being overcharged.
The airport taxi meters at Edinburgh Turnhouse Airport (EDI) start at a basic fare, but additional charges are usually made for luggage, late-night driving and travel on public holidays in Edinburgh, so it can prove useful to ask the taxi driver about these before leaving. Some Edinburgh Airport taxis are now happy to accept credit cards.