Lubeck Airport (LBC) Information
(Lubeck, Schleswig-Holstein, Germany)
Lubeck Airport, otherwise known as the Hamburg Lubeck Airport, serves the city's Metropolitan Area, the Baltic Sea region and the rest of Europe. It is the largest air facility in the Schleswig-Holstein area of Germany.
Low-cost flights are provided via Germania, Ryanair, Wizz Air, Wizz Air Ukraine and Tailwind Airlines, connecting destinations such as Marrakech, Barcelona
, Pisa and Budapest. While six scheduled routes are in operation, all other routes are charter or seasonal.
The airport is relatively small, with only 100 metres / 328 feet between the terminal entrance and the runway, and only one terminal. It was opened in 1917 and since then has slowly grown. Lubeck, Germany's largest port, attracts many visitors to explore its medieval history and architecture. The most popular time to visit is during the summer months, when the Chinese Dragon Boat Festival takes place.
Lubeck Airport (LBC)
Address: Flughafen Lubeck GmbH - Blankenseer Strasse 101, Lubeck, D-23560, Germany, DE
Tel: +49 0451 58301
The airport is located 8 km / 5 miles from the centre of Lubeck and roughly 54 km / 33 miles from Hamburg
. Connections by road to both cities are quick and easy. Local buses head into the city centre every 20 minutes, while trains operate from a station which is only 300 metres / 985 feet from the terminal.
- The Welcome Restaurant in the public area of the terminal serves a variety of food and drinks
- There is a Sweets and Goods shop in the Arrivals section, where passengers can buy newspapers, confectionary and souvenirs
- After security checks, travel goods, fragrances, sunglasses, luggage and a range of duty free goods can be purchased from the airport shop, Take & Off
- The Departures lounge has a bistro which is an ideal place to relax and refuel before a flight
- Car hire is available through Hertz, Sixt and Europcar
- Currency can be exchanged commission-free onsite
- The airport has short-stay and long-stay car parking areas, with a drop-off point outside the terminal building
- A private lounge is available for up to 12 guests at a time
- There are facilities for disabled passengers, with wheelchairs available on request
- A conference centre is available for business passengers
Lubeck Airport is connected to the A1 and A20 motorways, giving easy access to the city and surrounding areas by road. Hamburg is connected by the autobahn, which offers one of the most famous driving experiences in the world. Bremen is approximately 187 km / 116 miles away, while the state of Mecklenburg-Western Pomerania is only a short drive on the A1 motorway.
After leaving the terminal building, passengers must walk just 30 metres / 100 feet to the main road in order to get to the nearest bus stop. From here, the number 6 bus leaves for the city centre every 20 minutes. Buses also run between the facility and Hamburg according to a timetable that coincides with flight arrivals and departures.
Trains from Lubeck serve the onsite rail station at the airport. Passengers who reach the city's main Hauptbahnhof train station will enjoy easy connections to many popular locations. Hamburg is in the region of 45 minutes away by train from Lubeck, while Rostock is a two-hour journey.
Lubeck Airport is well connected to the city, to Hamburg and to other areas of Schleswig-Holstein by taxi. Taxis, some of which accept credit card payment, are available at all times of the day and night from outside the terminal building.