Portland International Airport (PDX) Information
(Portland, Oregon - OR, USA)
Portland can be easily reached by air and the city's busy international airport offers connections to most of America's major airports and other worldwide locations, including Canada, German and Japan. The modern airport is home to excellent facilities and a number of ground transportation options, including car rental, bus, taxi and the airport's fast Metropolitan Area Express (MAX) train network.
Portland International Airport (PDX)
Address: 7000 Northeast Airport Way, Portland, 97218, Oregon (OR), USA
Tel: +1 503 460 4234
Located just 9 miles / 14 km to the northeast of Portland city centre, the journey from Portland International Airport (PDX) into nearby Portland should take around 20 to 25 minutes, depending on traffic levels.
Portland Airport (PDX) Guide
Portland Airport contains one large terminal building.
- Foreign exchange currency counters
- 24-hour cashpoint machines (ATMs)
- Numerous airport restaurants, coffee shops and bars
- A range of shops, including newsagents, gift shops selling postcards and small souvenirs of Portland, and duty-free shopping
- Business and conference facilities at the airport's PDX Conference Centre, which contains meeting rooms, work areas and a secretarial service
- Car rental / hire, including Alamo, Avis, Budget, Dollar, Enterprise, Hertz, National Rent-A-Car and Thrifty Car Rental
- Short-term car parking, next to Portland Airport's terminal
- Long-term and economy car parking, connected to the airport by free shuttle buses
- Airport postal facilities
- Extensive disabled facilities, including adapted toilets, lifts / elevators, parking areas and good wheelchair access
- Tourist and airport travel information centre and computerized kiosks
- Other airport facilities include a play area for children, a lost property counter, luggage trolleys and shoeshine
Central Portland is easy to reach from Portland Airport (PDX), with many busy and fast roads nearby. The main terminal is connected to the I-205 highway by the Airport Way road and the route is well signposted, lasting around 25 to 30 minutes.
A number of different public buses can be found at Portland Airport (PDX), traveling to a range of destinations, including both central and suburban areas. Airport buses are one of the least expensive transportation options available at Portland International Airport (PDX).
A light rail service connects the airport with downtown Portland, stopping at a number of stations along the way. Operated by the Metropolitan Area Express (MAX), the main platform area is situated on Airport Way, with ticket machines standing nearby,
Taxis are always a popular mode of transport at Portland Airport and the main taxi rank is located outside of the Ground Transportation centre, close to the arrivals area. Limousines are also available at the airport and can be reserved in advance if required.