Greensboro Piedmont-Triad International Airport (GSO) Information
(Greensboro, North Carolina - NC, USA)
Located on the edge of Greensboro's downtown district, the Greensboro Piedmont-Triad International Airport primarily serves this city, which is situated in North Carolina. It is set close by Winston Salem and High Point, and near the Atlantic coastline. The airport offers domestic flights to around 20 US cities and receives a good number of visitors to its arts-focused events and galleries.
Almost 160,000 passengers use Greensboro's air facility each year, and its terminal building's recent expansion has resulted in more comfort, increased space and improved facilities for those passengers waiting for flights. The 30 gates are located in two concourses, North and South, while the main carriers operating at the airport are Allegiant, Delta, Delta Connection, US Airways and United Express, mostly offering flights via a number of subsidiary airlines.
The busiest routes are to Atlanta
and New York's La Guardia, and the facility is also a hub for Fed Express. As well as business travelers, the Piedmont-Triad International Airport is seeing an increase in the number of tourists arriving in the city for its cultural events, historic architecture, ultra-modern landmark buildings, golf courses and popular Wet N' Wild Emerald Pointe Theme Park.
Piedmont-Triad International Airport (GSO)
Address: 6415 Joseph M. Bryan Boulevard, Greensboro, North Carolina NC, 27409, USA
Tel: +1 336 665 5600
Located just to the west of Greensboro's downtown area, near the I-40 interstate east-west, the airport is just a short drive from most of the city's hotels and attractions. The US-68 highway is also close by for onward transportation to the north or south of the region.
Greensboro Piedmont-Triad Airport (GSO) Guide
- Passenger information desks are sited on the lower and upper levels of the terminal, in the atrium and at the entrances to the concourses, respectively
- ATMs are conveniently located on both levels of the terminal
- A conference room for business use is situated on the lower level
- A US Airways executive lounge is located in the Departures concourse
- Disabled persons' facilities are well up to standard, including wheelchairs and personal assistance on request
- Car hire companies offering service include Alamo, Enterprise Avis and Hertz
- A gift shop and newsagent are sited on the upper level. Newsagents are also located in the Departures concourse
- Several eateries are situated on the upper level, with vending machines and bars in the ground level atrium
- A US Postal Service desk can be found on the upper level
- Outdoor and covered car parks are located opposite the terminal
The short drive from the complex to the city center begins on Airport Parkway, which turns onto the Joseph M. Bryan Boulevard east. This route then joins the Greensboro Urban Loop Road, which leads to the I-40 interstate. From here, you can follow the signs to the center.
Alternatively, simply follow the Joseph M. Bryan Boulevard eastwards, passing by the Jefferson Village shopping center, Friendly Acres, Westridge Heights and Forest Valley, before joining the West Cornwallis Drive at Guildford Hills. From here, head along Battleground Avenue US-220 and into downtown Greensboro via West Fisher Avenue.
Airport shuttle buses regularly run between the terminal and Greensboro city center, and most hotels and motels in the area also provide airport shuttle services. These include brands such as Biltmore Suites, Clarion, Doubletree, Embassy Suites, Fairfield Inn, Hampton Inn, Hilton Garden Inn, Holiday Inn Express, Homewood Suites, Hyatt, La Quinta Inn and Suites, Residence Inn and Sheraton.
Triad Transportation taxis (tel: +1 336 668 9808) can be booked at the company's desk on the terminal's lower level, near the Baggage Claim area. For luxury travel, some ten limousine firms offer services at the airport, which can be booked on arrival or in advance.