Charlotte Douglas International Airport (CLT) Information
(Charlotte, North Carolina - NC, USA)
The city of Charlotte is served by a huge airport, standing on the North Carolina and South Carolina border, alongside the Seddon Rusty Goode Freeway / Governor James G. Martin Freeway (Interstate I-485) and close to the Andrew Jackson Highway US-74.
With over 500 departures each day and in excess of 100,000 daily visitors, more than 25 million passengers now use the Charlotte Douglas International Airport (CLT) each year, including many transatlantic flights.
Charlotte Douglas International Airport (CLT)
Address: 5501 Josh Birmingham Parkway, Charlotte, 28208, North Carolina NC, USA
Tel: +1 704 359 4000
The Charlotte Douglas International Airport is situated around 7 miles / 11 km to the west of the city center and offers a range of ground transportation options. Nearby useful points of reference include the Big Spring United Methodist Cemetery, the Village Oaks Shopping Center and the Jackson Homes Estate, while onsite you will find both the Carolinas Aviation Museum and the Wilson Air Center.
Charlotte Douglas Airport Guide
Charlotte Airport contains one large terminal building, with five main concourse areas, each providing a number of airline gates.
- Concourse A - serving Air Canada, AirTran Airways, American Airlines, American Connection, American Eagle, Continental Airlines, Continental Express, Delta Air Lines, Delta Connection, Independence Air, Northwest Airlines, Northwest Jetlink, United Airlines and United Express Airlines
- Concourse B - serving US Airways
- Concourse C - serving US Airways
- Concourse D - serving Lufthansa and US Airways
- Concourse E - serving US Airways Express
- Bureau de change currency desks
- Airport banking facilities and services
- 24-hour cashpoints (ATMs)
- Meeting and conference rooms, including an auditorium for around 100 delegates
- Selection of restaurants, including A Taste of Carolina, Bad Daddy's Burger Bar, Bojangles, the Carolina Beer Company, the Ciao Gourmet Market, the First In Flight Bar, Hissho Sushi, Manchu Wok, Quiznos Sub, Salsarita's, the Speedway Grill, and Tequileria
- Numerous shops, including Bijoux Bellagio, BlackBerry, Brooks Brothers, Carolinas NewsBeat, CLT News, CNBC News, Duty Free Americas, InMotion Entertainment, Johnston & Murphy, the New South Travelmart, News Connection, the NYT Bookstore, Shades of Time, and Taxco Sterling
- Car hire / car rental companies at Charlotte Airport - including Avis Rent-A-Car, Budget Rental, Dollar, Enterprise, Hertz, National Car Rental and Thrifty Car Rental
- Range of car parking options with over 20,000 spaces available at Charlotte Airport, including hourly, short-term, long-term and valet car parking. Additional satellite car parks situated nearby, connected by free shuttles
- Disabled parking, toilets, TTY telephones, wheelchairs and assistance when requested in advance
- Welcome Center, and additional passenger travel and tourist information desks
- Other facilities include an interfaith chapel, free Wi-Fi, medical assistance, luggage trolleys and more than 20 art exhibits (both rotating and permanent)
The city center is within comfortable driving distance of Charlotte Douglas Airport and can be reached by car in around 15 minutes. Major roads nearby include the Josh Birmingham Parkway and the Billy Graham Parkway, as well as the I-85, the I-77 and the I-277 Interstates. The route to and from the airport is well signposted. Those wishing to rent a car will find that the vehicle hire counters are based on the lower luggage reclaim level.
Carolina Transportation (CATS) Airport Express shuttle buses are a fast and inexpensive way to travel into the nearby city center and surrounding areas. Shuttle buses at Charlotte Douglas Airport depart outside of the terminal building's east side at regular intervals each day.
Many centrally located hotels and motels choose to provide courtesy shuttle buses upon request, offering convenient door-to-door travel for their guests. Participating hotels can be contacted at one of the onsite Traveler Information Centers.
Taxi ranks at the airport are situated outside of the terminal building, close to the luggage reclaim area. Fares into Charlotte are generally fixed for specified, zoned areas. Minimum charges are applicable, with extra fees incurred for more than two passengers and drop-offs.