Louisville International Airport (SDF) Information
(Louisville, Kentucky - KY, USA)
This part of Kentucky is easy to reach by air and is situated near to the Louisville International Airport (SDF). Serving the city and other locations within an approximate 200-mile / 320-km radius, each year around four million passengers arrive and depart at a airport.
Comprising three runways and various modern facilities, the site covers approximately 1,200 acres / 486 hectares. The airport operates as a joint public and civil-military facility, being established way back in the early 1940s by the US Army Corps of Engineers.
Louisville International Airport (SDF)
Address: Regional Airport Authority, Louisville, Kentucky KY, 40209-0129, USA
Tel: +1 502 368 6524
Louisville Airport stands around 6 miles / 10 km to the south of the city center. A good selection of affordable ground transport options are available here.
Louisville International Airport Guide
Louisville Airport contains one large terminal building, with two main concourse areas, numerous gates and a host of passenger amenities.
- Concourse A - serving American Airlines, AmericanConnection, American Eagle, Delta Air Lines, Delta Connection (operated by Chautauqua, Comair, Compass, ExpressJet, Pinnacle and Skywest Airlines), Frontier Airlines and United Express (operated by Chautauqua, ExpressJet, Shuttle America and Skywest Airlines)
- Concourse B - serving American Airlines, Southwest Airlines, United Express and US Airways
- Foreign currency exchange on the upper level
- 24-hour ATM cashpoints
- Numerous telephones
- Louisville Concierge and Business Center on the upper departures level, with a large meeting room and business services
- Postal service
- Wireless Internet access
- Restaurants based around the Landside Rotunda, the Airside Rotunda and the Airside Concourses, including Burger King, KFC Express, Quiznos, Starbucks and the Woodford Reserve Bar & Grill
- Numerous onsite stores, including CNBC News, Experience Kentucky, Finish Line News and the Slugger gift shop
- Car hire / car rental companies at Louisville Airport, in the arrivals area on the lower level - including Alamo, Avis, Budget Rental, Dollar, Hertz Rent-A-Car, Enterprise, National and Thrifty Rental
- Car parking available for more than 4,000 cars, including covered, long-term and economy remote parking with courtesy shuttles
- Disabled facilities including allocated parking spaces, TDD telephones, wheelchair assistance and Braille controls in the lifts / elevators
- Left luggage and lost property facilities
- Other facilities include a family room, an arcade area with video games, shoeshine and luggage trolleys
The city center is within easy reach, with a number of nearby highways. Louisville Airport is located just off the I-65 and I-264 Interstates and the route to the city has good signage, connecting the downtown district in around 15 minutes. Other major roads en-route from the airport include the Freedom Way, which leads to Phillips Lane and the Preston Highway.
TARC (Transit Authority of River City) buses depart at regular intervals 24-hours a day outside of the terminal, with inexpensive bus fares. However, do bear in mind that the correct change is required when you board. Pick-ups for TARC buses take place on the island based on the terminal's eastern side.
Alternative shuttle buses are provided by a number of companies, such as the Louisville Transportation Company and Yellow Cab Airport Shuttles, both of which offer good value for money. Courtesy vans are available from many downtown hotels and motels, including the likes of Amerisuites, Best Western, the Camberly Brown, Clarion, Comfort Suites, Country Inn & Suites, Crowne Plaza, Days Inn, Fairfield Inn, Hampton Inn, Holiday Inn, the Seelbach Hilton, Sheraton and Sleep Inn.
Taxis at Louisville Airport are operated by Ready Cabs and Yellow Cabs. Flat rates are applied for the journey into the city center.
Luxury limousine services operate at Louisville Airport and offer the ultimate way to travel into the nearby city center. The main limo companies include Ambassador Capital Limousines, Bluegrass Executive, Community & Aztec, Fan-Van, R & R, and Sandollar.