Tucson International Airport (TUS) Information
(Tucson, Arizona - AZ, USA)
Many visitors to this part of Arizona arrive by air at nearby Tucson International Airport (TUS). With around four million arrivals and departures each year at Tucson Airport, major airlines include AeroCalifornia, Aerolitoral, Alaska, American Airlines, Continental, Delta, Northwest Airlines, Southwest Airlines and United Airlines.
This busy transport hub provides air travel to many large airports throughout North America, and also to a number of other international destinations, including Europe.
Tucson International Airport (TUS)
7250 South Tucson Boulevard, Tucson, Arizona AZ, 85756, USA
Tel: +1 520 573 8100
Tucson Airport is situated just 10 miles / 16 km to the south of the city, next to the suburbs of Littletown and Summit, where it offers a number of popular ground transportation options. Close by are the Interstates of I-10 and I-19, with the I-10 connecting popular destinations such as Avondale, Buckeye, Casa Grande, Chandler, Glendale, Mesa
, to the northwest.
Tucson International Airport Guide
Tucson Airport contains just one main terminal building, with three floors, and an international building with two concourse areas, the West Concourse and the East Concourse. The ground floor is the baggage level, the second floor is the ticketing level, and level three features conference rooms and restaurants.
- International Building - gates 1 to 2
- West Concourse - gates 3 to 19
- East Concourse - gates 21 to 26
- 24-hour ATM cashpoint machines on the terminal's ticketing level
- Airport conference and meeting rooms on level three, with good business services and facilities
- Post boxes and stamp machines in each concourse area
- Restaurants in the East and West concourse areas, including a Mexican restaurant, snack bars, coffee shops and vending machines
- Range of onsite stores including gift shops with themed Arizona souvenirs, as well as newsagents, a PGA golf shop and a jewelers
- Car hire / car rental companies at Tucson Airport, on level 3 of the car parking area, next to the terminal - including Alamo, Avis, Budget Rental, Dollar, Enterprise, Hertz and National Car Rental
- Variety of car parking options available at Tucson Airport, including short-term an long-term parking next to the terminal building. Economy parking is also situated nearby and connected by a courtesy shuttle bus
- Disabled car parking, adapted toilets, TDD telephones, wheelchairs and good general access
- Skycap porters
- Travel information centers in the East and West concourses
- Other facilities include a lost property office, trolleys, first aid, shoeshine and changing art exhibitions
Tucson city center is easy to reach by car from the airport and the journey lasts approximately 15 minutes, when traffic levels are favorable. The route is well-signposted and major roads and highways close by include the Tucson Boulevard, the Kino Parkway, Campbell Avenue, Kolb Road and Palo Verde.
Operated by Arizona Stagecoach, shared-shuttle buses are a particularly popular and inexpensive method of ground transportation at the Tucson Airport. A shuttle bus reservation desk can be found close to the main baggage reclaim area, with popular destinations including prominent hotels and resorts, as well as the University of Arizona on the East Speedway Boulevard. Further buses are operated by Sun Tran, which is Tucson's public bus service. These depart from the airport every hour each day.
A number of large hotels in downtown Tucson operate courtesy airport shuttles, providing door-to-door travel from the terminal.
Tucson Airport is served by three main taxi companies, AAA Airport Taxis, Allstate Taxi Cabs and Yellow Cabs. The main taxi rank is situated on the lower level, outside of the terminal building.