Norwich International Airport (NWI) Information
(Norwich, Norfolk, England, UK)
Norwich International Airport is located just over 5 miles / 8 km from the city centre, being found right on the edge of the suburbs. It serves commercial flights to major UK cities, as well as Amsterdam
, while seasonal charter flights connect holiday hot spots in the Mediterranean, the Channel Islands and North Africa. Its single runway and terminal deal with over 400,000 passengers each year. The airport is also a hub for general aviation, as well as private and charter helicopter flights.
Most carriers providing routes from Norwich Airport are low-cost and UK-based, with the exception of KLM and Air Malta. The charter sector is represented by Thomas Cook and Thomson Airways.
Set in the lovely Norfolk countryside, the airport sees holiday makers arriving mainly in the summer season for trips on the famous canal barges in the Norfolk Broads. The present site was developed from a WWII Royal Air Force base which was constructed in 1939. The facility was used by US Army aircraft in WWII before being transferred to the UK Fighter Command in 1945, becoming a commercial enterprise in 1963. The city of Norwich is directly accessible from the airport by way of the A140 road, which crosses both the city's ring roads.
Norwich International Airport (NWI)
Address: Amsterdam Way, Norwich, Norfolk, NR6 6JA, UK
Tel: +44 1603 411 923
Norwich International Airport is set on the edge of the historic city of the same name, adjacent to the suburbs of Horsham St. Faith, Bitterne Park and Spixsworth, and just across from the Lakeside Country Park. Via the A140, the heart of the city is a 12 to 15 minute drive away.
Norwich Airport Guide
- Currency exchange on the main concourse
- International phone cards, travellers' cheques and Western Union services landside
- ATMs airside
- Café Oasis is located in the Check-in area
- The Yard of Ale pub serves Costa Coffee, food and alcoholic drinks in the Departures lounge
- Essential travel items and books are found landside and airside
- Car hire can be arranged on the main concourse with Europcar, Hertz and Avis
- Duty free shopping airside
- Wireless Internet access across the terminal
- Reservable airside executive lounge with business facilities and refreshments
- Pre-bookable facilities for disabled persons' assistance
- Short-stay and long-stay parking is bookable in advance online or upon arrival
Direct access by car to Norwich city centre and its hotels should take no longer than 15 minutes via the A140 / Upper Hellesdon. This route takes motorists straight to the heart of the city. Additionally, the airport is a comfortable drive from the famous Norfolk Broads.
The airport's Park and Ride bus service offers a regular route to the city centre from its stop, which is situated close to the terminal. However, these buses do not run on Sundays.
Norwich Airport Taxis, the airport's approved taxi provider, offers an efficient service from its office within the terminal building. If you book in advance online, a representative will meet you at the Arrivals exit.