Leicester Links - Tourism and Attractions Links
(Leicester, Leicestershire, England, UK)
As Leicestershire's sizeable county town, the city of Leicester is certainly an important one. Located within the East Midlands, the city is to be found sitting alongside the River Soar and is right next to the expansive National Forest.
Leicester is widely believed to be amongst the most historic of all the English cities and comes with a rich Roman heritage. Today, it is a particularly ethnically diverse city with a real assortment of attractions, which range from old churches and urban parks, to museums, art galleries and a beautifully preserved 14th-century guildhall, as well as the National Space Center.
The city centre is a vibrant part of Leicester and really does deserve to be explored on foot, with shopping opportunities at the Highcross and Haymarket being well worth investigating, along with the independent stores living within the Lanes area. Just over 20 different electoral wards combine to make up the city of today and many of these were actually once suburbs and adjoining villages that have long since been swallowed up as the city gradually expanded its boundaries. The Castle ward forms a central core and is home to areas such as Blackfriars, Clarendon Park and also Southfields.
Travel and Tourism
- 7-9 Every Street, Town Hall Square, LE1 6AG.
Leicester City Council
- New Walk Centre, Welford Place, LE1 6ZG.
National Space Centre
- Exploration Drive, LE4 5NS.
- 7 Peacock Lane, LE1 5PZ.
- 195 Aylestone Road, LE2 7QH.
- 4 Allandale Road, LE2 2DA.
Leicester Comedy Festival
- various venues.
Great Central Railway
- Great Central Road, Loughborough, Leicestershire, LE11 1RW.
Abbey Pumping Station
- Corporation Road, LE4 5PX.
Leicester Outdoor Pursuits Centre
- Loughborough Road, LE4 5PN.
- Abbey Park Road, LE4 5AQ.
Leicester City Football Club
- King Power Stadium, Filbert Way, LE2 7FL.
- Rutland Street, LE1 1SB.
The Little Theatre
- Dover Street, LE1 6PW.
Phoenix Arts Centre
- Phoenix Square, Midland Street, LE1 1TG.
- Guildhall Lane, LE1 5FQ.
- LE1 5WH.
- 32 Oxford Street, LE1 5XU.
- 75 Humberstone Gate, LE1 1WB.
Newarke Houses Museum
- The Newarke, LE2 7BY.
Jewry Wall Museum
- St. Nicholas Circle, LE1 4LB.
Belgrave Hall Museum and Gardens
- Church Road, LE4 5PE.
New Walk Museum and Art Gallery
- 53 New Walk, LE1 7EA.
- 4 Allandale Road, LE2 2DA.
- 107 Highcross Street, LE1 4PH.
Haymarket Shopping Centre
- 1 Kildare Walk, LE1 3YH.
Beaumont Shopping Centre
- 25 Beaumont Way, LE4 1DS.
Le Bistrot Pierre
- French Dishes, 8-10 Millstone Lane, LE1 5JN.
- 4-6 Hotel Street, St. Martins, LE1 5AW.
Leicester Hotel and Accommodation
The Belmont Hotel
- De Montfort Street, LE1 7GR.
Sky Plaza Hotel
- 14-16 Abbey Street, LE1 3TE.
- 136 Leicester Road, Loughborough, Leicestershire, LE11 2AQ.
Leicester City Hotel
- 125 London Road, LE2 0QT.
- 2 West Walk, LE1 7NA.
Mercure Leicester The Grand Hotel
- Granby Street, LE1 6ES.
Ibis Budget Hotel Leicester
- Leicester North Services, Junction A6 / A46, Birstall, LE4 3BT.
Car Hire, Taxi, Limo and Railway
Thrifty Car and Van Rental
- 1 Byron Street, LE1 3QD.
East Midlands Trains
- Routes and Journey Planning.
- London Road, LE2 0QB.
Bus and Coach
- Timetables and Maps, Tickets and News.
- Journey Planning, Tickets and Travel Information.
- Services for Leicestershire and Northampshire.
Travel De Courcey
- Bus and Coach Operator in Warwickshire and West Midlands.
- Services Operating in Loughborough and Surrounding Area.
- St Margaret's Bus Station, Gravel Street.
- running between West Midlands and London.
East Midlands Airport
- Castle Donington, Derby, Derbyshire, DE74 2SA.
- Regional Daily Tabloid.
University of Leicester
- University Road, LE1 7RH.
De Montfort University (DMU)
- The Gateway, LE1 9BH.