Exeter Links - Tourism and Attractions Links
(Exeter, Devon, England, UK)
Famed for its grand cathedral and historic Roman walls, the city of Exeter resides within the county of Devon, where it functions as the county town and home of the council. The city grew up on the banks of the River Exe and was actually one of the earliest of all the Roman settlements based within south-western England.
There is certainly plenty in the way of culture for visitors in Exeter, with the principal attractions falling into this category including the Royal Albert Memorial Museum and the Historic Quayside, where the Custom House dates back to the 17th century and is currently being used by the city's very own archaeological services. Tourists may also like to take a tour of Exeter's unusual medieval passageways, which head underground and last approximately one hour in duration.
For families, exploration of the Rougemont Castle will form an enjoyable part of a day out, while just outside of the city, the Crealy Great Adventure Park is packed with fun rides and will easily fill an entire day, even with an early start. Theatres, football and rugby clubs, a racecourse, beautiful churches and a very old Guildhall are just a few of the further distractions available in Devon's number one city.
Travel and Tourism
Exeter Heart of Devon
- Exeter Visitor Information and Tickets, Dix's Field, EX1 1GF.
Exeter City Council - Leisure and Culture
- Civic Centre, Paris Street, EX1 1JN.
- Official Visitor Guide to Devon.
Crealy Great Adventure Park
- Tredinnick, Wadebridge, Cornwall, PL27 7RA.
- 1 The Cloisters, EX1 1HS.
Dartmoor National Park Authority
- Dartmoor, Devon.
Exeter Phoenix Arts and Media
- Bradninch Place, Gandy Street, EX4 3LS.
Red Coat Guided Tours
- Civic Centre, Paris Street, EX1 1JJ.
- 2 Paris Street, EX1 1GA.
Parks and Open Spaces
- Exeter City Council, Belle Isle Nursery, Belle Isle Drive, EX2 4RY.
- Barnfield Road, EX1 1SN.
- Stocker Road, EX4 4QB.
Cygnet New Theatre
- Friars Gate, EX2 4AZ.
- Commercial Road, EX2 4AB.
- 140 Fore Street, EX4 3AN.
Royal Albert Memorial Museum and Art Gallery (RAMM)
- Queen Street, EX4 3RX.
Quay House Visitor Centre
- 46 The Quay, EX2 4AN.
Bill Douglas Cinema Museum
- The Old Library, Prince of Wales Road, EX4 4SB.
- 25 The Strand, Topsham, EX3 0AX.
Newton Abbot Town and Great Western Railway Museum
- 2A St. Pauls Road, Newton Abbot, Devon, TQ12 2HP.
- 45 Preston Street, EX1 1DF.
Centre for Contemporary Art and the Natural World
- Haldon Forest Park, EX6 7XR.
- 64 South Street, EX1 1EE.
Guildhall Shopping Centre
- EX4 3HP.
- 9 Catherine Street, EX1 1QA.
On the Waterfront
- 4-9 The Quay, EX2 4AP.
- Facebook page for Mango's, King's Wharf, The Quay, EX2 4AN.
The Thai Orchid Restaurant
- 5 Cathedral Yard, EX1 1HJ.
Exeter Hotel and Accommodation
- Mount Wear House, 47 Countess Wear Road, EX2 6LR.
- Queen Street, EX4 3SP.
- Cathedral Yard, EX1 1HD.
Telstar Guest House
- 75-77 St. David's Hill, EX4 4DW.
- 71 Holloway Street, EX2 4JD.
Old Mill House Bed and Breakfast
- Oil Mill Lane, Clyst St Mary, EX5 1AG.
Clock Tower Hotel
- 16 New North Road, EX4 4HF.
Queens Court Hotel
- Bystock Terrace, EX4 4HY.
St. Olaves Hotel
- Mary Arches Street, EX4 3AZ.
The Magdalen Chapter
- Magdalen Street, EX2 4HY.
Car Hire, Taxi, Limo and Railway
Thrifty Car Rental
- 12 Marsh Barton Road, Marsh Barton Trading Estate, EX2 8LW.
First Great Western
- services running to London, South Wales, the West of England and Devon and Cornwall.
Exeter Central (EXC)
- Queen Street, EX4 3SB.
Exeter St David's (EXD)
- Bonhay Road, EX4 4NT.
Exeter St David's (EXD)
- Cowick Street, EX4 1AJ.
- EX5 2BD.
Bus and Coach
- Timetables, Tickets and Service Updates.
First Devon and Cornwall
- Timetables, Fares and Tickets, News and Service Updates.
- Operating in and around Devon.
- Services in Cornwall and to Devon.
Express and Echo
- paid-for newspaper covering Exeter and surround.
University of Exeter
- Prince of Wales Road, EX4 4SB.