Exeter Events, Things to Do and Festivals 2014 / 2015
(Exeter, Devon, England, UK)
There are always plenty of things to do in Exeter, with the biggest festivals, concerts and cultural events being staged during the busy summer months as well as the rest of the year, at venues such as the cathedral, the Exeter Northcott Theatre, the Corn Exchange and the university.
Exeter really is the cultural centre of Devon, and as a result, the city's festivals tend to draw large crowds, with with the Exeter Festival of South West Food & Drink and the Devon County Show being especially popular. The Cathedral Green is host to an annual craft festival in the summer and a Christmas Market in November/December.
For sporting fans, the city is home to Premiership rugby with the Exeter Chiefs, and one of the UK's most progressive racecourses with competitive horse racing throughout the National Hunt Season.
To find out the latest events listings, purchase the local Express and Echo newspaper, or visit the What's On section of the Heart of Devon tourism site.
Exeter Calendar of Festivals and Events 2014 / 2015: General Information
- LOL, Laugh Out Loud Comedy Festival - late January / early February, various locations
- Animated Exeter - mid-February, animation film festival and workshops
- Analogue to Digital Expo - mid-March, seminars, workshops, demos, stalls and live performances held at the Exeter Phoenix
- Vibraphonic - mid-March, with over 250 different acts, staged at around 20 venues
- Exeter Festival of South West Food and Drink - mid-April, Northernhay Gardens, city centre
- Great West Run - late April / early May, through the central streets
- Exeter Pride - early May, through central streets
- Devon County Show - mid-May, at the Westpoint Arena, close to Clyst St. Mary
- Tour Series Cycle Race - late May, with celebrations in Exeter city centre
- Family Playday - late May, at the Heavitree Pleasure Ground
- Exeter Respect - May/June, at Belmont Park
- Exeter Comedy Club - mid-June, at the Corn Exchange
- Bike Bash - mid-June, at the Haldon Forest Park
- Taiko Festival - early June, at the Northcott Theatre
- Lammas Fair and Cathedral Green Craft Fayre - mid July
- City of Exeter Regatta - mid-July at Exeter Quay
- Big Screen in the Park - mid-August, at the Northernhay Gardens
- Unexpected - late August, street theatre shows
- Heritage Open Days - mid-September, at venues across Exeter and Devon
- Acoustica Festival - mid-September, at six venues across Exeter including the Exeter Phoenix
- Exetreme Imagination - October / November, festival of writingnat various venues
- Exeter Open Studios - early November, at galleries and studios throughout the city
- Christmas Gifts Market - late November to December, in various locations around city centre
- Exeter Cathedral Green Christmas Market - late November to December