Guernsey Airport (GCI) Information
(Guernsey, Channel Islands, British Isles)
It may be the only airport on this island, but Guernsey Airport is a real beauty. Hugely upgraded in 2004, this busy air facility quickly garnered praise for its terminal's slick architectural design and state-of-the-art facilities. Around 900,000 passengers currently travel through the airport each year, to explore the beauty of the Channel Islands.
Due to the small population of Guernsey Island, only a handful of regional carriers offer regular and seasonal services to the airport. Flybe, Aurigny Air and Blue Islands all run year-round flights, mainly to the neighbouring island of Jersey
and destinations within the UK, while both Air Berlin and Cityjet have seasonal flights to Germany
Despite its modest size, the airport at Guernsey has a full selection of passenger amenities, including duty free shopping, cafés, a bar and wireless Internet throughout the terminal. The waiting areas inside the terminal are bright and airy, and boast superb views of the Channel Islands.
Guernsey Airport (GCI)
Address: La Villiaze, Forest, Guernsey, Channel Islands, GY8 0DS, UK
Tel: +44 1481 237 766
Guernsey Airport is located some 6 km / 4 miles south-west of Saint Peter Fort, in the island's parish of Forest. Nearby towns include Torteval and Saint Saviour, although in fact it is quite convenient to reach any of the island's towns from this spot.
Guernsey Airport Guide
- An ATM is on hand inside the concourse
- Café Ritazza offers both superb coffee and tasty snacks in the Departures Lounge
- The Food Village is a one-stop spot for everything, from sandwiches and desserts to hot meals and beverages
- Duty free goods and travel sundries are on sale in the well-stocked shops, both landside and airside of the terminal
- Rental car offices can be found just outside of the Baggage Claim in the Arrivals area
- All areas of the terminal are accessible by wheelchair, including lifts and disabled persons' toilets
- The modern conference room, capable of seating 20 at tables or 50 in a lecture layout, is ideal for any kind of business meeting
- A single car park, located adjacent to the terminal, handles both short- and long-term parking needs
Cars and Taxis
Guernsey Airport is situated just off the main highway that circles the island. There are also small roads that cut across the island for quick and easy access to every town on Guernsey. At the airport, arriving passengers can choose between taxis or rental cars to get them to their destination. Some of the more upscale hotels on this Channel Island even provide a complimentary pick up service for their guests.
The most affordable transport option comes in the form of the local bus routes, which are serviced by Island Coachways. They run from the airport to nearby St. Peter Port, as well as other popular towns on the island, and are on hand to meet each arriving flight.