San Jose Events and Festivals
(San Jose, California - CA, USA)
San Jose may only be a side-kick to the Bay Area's real attraction of San Francisco
, but it certainly won't disappoint you with its popular festivals, events and long list of things to do.
There are arts and crafts, cultural attractions and music events galore in San Jose. Jazz is widely loved here and there are several jazz events throughout the year, while sports lovers are also well catered for.
National Public Holidays
- 1st January - New Year's Day
- Third Monday in January - Martin Luther King Day
- 12th February - Lincoln's Birthday
- Third Monday in February - Washington's Birthday
- Last Monday in May - Memorial Day
- 4th July - Independence Day
- First Monday in September - Labor Day
- Second Monday in October - Columbus Day
- 11th November - Veterans Day
- 4th Thursday in November - Thanksgiving
- 25th December - Christmas Day
Calendar of Festivals and Events 2014 / 2015
- San Jose International Auto Show - early January, held at the San Jose McEnery Convention Center, the San Jose International Auto Show showcases hundreds of model and specialty autos from dozens of top manufacturers.
- Vietnamese Spring Festival and Parade - late January to early February, a celebration of Vietnamese heritage in San Jose, with much in the way of fun, games family entertainment and food.
- Presidents Day Volleyball Tournament - mid-February, a three-day event in which the whole family can enjoy some volleyball action.
- San Jose Arts Festival - mid-March, held at the McEnery Convention Center, with more than 170 contemporary craft and fine arts exhibitors displaying their works with prices across the board.
- Annual Spring Style Show - early April, a beauty gathering with a mountain of products available for every aspect of making oneself the bell of the ball.
- Rhythm Spirit - late April, celebrated at the Campbell Heritage Theater with both classic and new works.
- Annual Nikkei Matsuri - May 1st, celebrating Japanese American heritage at one of the country's only three remaining Japantowns. The Annual Nikkei Matsuri features food, handmade crafts and performing arts.
- Cinco de Mayo Parade and Festival - May 5, held in downtown and at Guadalupe River Park, this festival commemorates the Battle of Puebla and features a downtown Market Street parade and a fiesta of foods and sounds at the park.
- San Jose Gay Pride - mid-June, an exciting event for both gays and lesbians. This event has been celebrated in San Jose for over 30 years and features much fun, laughter, frivolity, music and entertainment.
- Tahite Fete of San Jose - early July, this three-day event held at San Jose State University celebrates French Polynesian cultural heritage and Bastille Day.
- Annual Bodybuilding and Figure Championships - mid-July, held at Parkside Hall, the Annual Bodybuilding and Figure Championships is recognized as the top event of its kind in Northern California.
- Annual Comcast Jazz Festival - mid-August, a collection of jazz acts performed across seven stages including jam sessions, master classes, films and more.
- Tapestry Arts Festival - early September, a celebration of arts with food, arts and crafts, music, entertainment and a play area for kids.
- Art Bark Fest - mid-September, attracting dog lovers as far away as Reno and Tahoe, the Ark Bark Fest is a festival of wine and music, with all proceeds going to the Tahoe-Truckee Humane Society Pet Network.
- Silicon Valley Marathon - late October, featuring a pasta party for entrants, the Silicon Valley Marathon is for both new and experienced marathon runners and goes the route extends from downtown San Jose, through the cities environs to as far as Discovery Meadows. There is also a half marathon, a shorter run / walk and a kid's event.
- San Jose Harvest Festival - late November, a three-day event of gourmet food, entertainment and arts and crafts, with some superb examples of craftsmanship on display.
- Cycle World International Motorcycle Show - mid-December, this three-day event showcases new bikes from the world's top manufacturers, custom and vintage bikes and loads of entertainment.