Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport (PHX) Information
(Phoenix, Arizona - AZ, USA)
Central Arizona is easy to reach by air and the nearby Phoenix International Airport (PHX) serves both domestic and international airlines, being an important hub for Southwest Airlines, US Airways and US Airways Express (operated by Mesa). Founded in the middle of the 1930s and also named the Sky Harbor Airport, this facility has grown to serve an average of over 3.5 million passengers every single month, and growing.
Now one of the most important air facilities in Arizona, Phoenix Airport contains good facilities and offers many ground transport options, such as shuttle buses and car hire, with rental companies including the likes of Avis, Enterprise and Hertz.
Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport (PHX)
Address: 3400 East Sky Harbor Boulevard, Phoenix, 85034, Arizona AZ, USA
Tel: +1 602 273 3300
Phoenix Airport can be found just 3 miles / 5 km to the southeast of the city center, where it caters for travelers arriving from around Europe and throughout America. Neighboring reference points include the Sky Harbor Business Park, Papago Park and the Tempe Campus of the Arizona State University, while directly to the south is the Cotton Business Center and the Tempe Diablo Stadium.
Phoenix Airports Guide
Phoenix International Airport (PHX) contains three terminals, named 2, 3 and 4 (the (Barry M. Goldwater Terminal), each with individual parking areas.
- Terminal 2 - 19 gates, domestic and Canadian airlines
- Terminal 3 - 23 gates, domestic airlines
- Terminal 4 - 70 gates, domestic / international airlines, gates B25 to B28
- Cash machines (ATMs) and banking
- Foreign currency exchange in Terminal 4
- Business facilities, including a well-equipped business center
- Meeting rooms and conference capabilities at nearby hotels
- Restaurants, cafés and bars, including Blue Burrito, the Home Turf Bar, the Kokopeli Deli, Martini Bistro, the Paradise Bakery Cafe, Roadhouse 66, Round Table Pizza, Starbucks, Taberna del Tequila and Wendy's
- Shops in all terminals, including Bijoux Terner, CNBC News, Curious Creatures, Hudson Booksellers, Incredibly Arizona, Press Express, the PGA Tour Shop, the Phoenix Travelsmart, Valley of the Sun and World Duty Free
- Car hire / car rental companies at PHX Airport - including Advantage, Alamo, Avis, Budget Rental, Dollar, Enterprise, Fox, Hertz, National, Payless and Thrifty
- Car parking available close to the terminals
- Economy parking with free shuttle services connecting the terminals
- Disabled parking spaces
- Disabled facilities, including easy-access for wheelchair users, lowered telephones and adapted toilets
- Travel information desks, manned by a resident team of staff
Shared-shuttle buses / vans operate at the Sky Harbor Airport and travel directly to and from many hotels in Phoenix city center and nearby. Shuttles connect the terminals and car parks throughout the day and night, being completely free of charge, while some buses also run to nearby stations for the Metro Light Rail. Of note, a number of courtesy hotel shuttles are also now available at the airport, providing door-to-door travel at no cost.
Taxis are plentiful at Phoenix Airport and can be found outside each of the terminals. Offering a convenient and simple way to travel into the heart of the city, the journey should last no longer than 15 minutes, if traffic levels are reasonable. Phoenix Airport taxis often accept credit cards for payment, with reliable companies including AAA / Yellow Cab (+1 480 888 8888), Apache Taxi (tel: +1 480 557 7000) and Mayflower (tel +1 602 955 1355).
Private car limousine companies are readily available, offering the ultimate way to travel in style from Phoenix Airport. Limo services can be reserved in advance or directly at the Ground Transportation desk, being available for collection on the southern curbsides of both Terminals 3 and 4. Limo companies operating here include All Star (tel: +1 480 628 3722), AMP Enterprises (tel: +1 480 961 1100), Black Pearl Limos (tel: +1 602 290 8923), Mechelle (tel: +1 602 501 5199), Monarch (tel: +1 602 531 6132) and Zion (tel: +1 602 694 6064).