Bologna Guglielmo Marconi Airport (BLQ) Information
(Bologna, Emilia-Romagna, Italy)
The Guglielmo Marconi Airport is known locally as the Aeroporto di Bologna and is located to the north-west of the city, being just 6 km / 3.5 miles away. This sizeable facility ranks within Italy's top ten largest and busiest, and each year, roughly half a million passengers arrive and depart from Guglielmo Marconi Airport.
The facility is well connected by public bus transport and lies alongside the suburbs of Bargellino, Borgo Panigale, Lippo and San Vitale Grande, and just past the Parco del Triumvirato. Bologna is also served by Forli Airport (FRL), which is located some 60 km / 37 miles to the south-east of the city. Forli can be found just past Faenza and is connected by the Autostrada Adriatica A14 / E45 highway.
Bologna Guglielmo Marconi Airport (BLQ)
Address: Via del Triumvirato, 84, Bologna, I-40132, Italy
Tel: +39 (0)51 647 9615
Located near to the city centre, Bologna Marconi Airport has two terminals, connected by a shuttle bus that runs every 15 minutes. All of the main European airlines have connections here and the most significant of these include the likes of Air France, Alitalia, Austrian Airlines, British Airways, EasyJet, KLM, Lufthansa, Meridiana Fly, Ryanair, Scandinavian Airlines and TAP Portugal, amongst many others.
Bologna (BLQ) Airport Guide
- Travelex currency exchange points
- 24-hour cash machines
- Banks (Banca Carisbo Gruppo Sanpaolo IMI) and a full-service post office
- Restaurants, cafés, fast-food outlets and bars, including Bar Snack Autogrill, Bollicine, the Caffetterie Segafredo, Ristorante Ciao, Spizzico, the Time Cafe and the Waiting Cafe
- Many shops, including Bioera Parafarmacia, Cioccolateria Venchi, Conte of Florence, the Fantasy Store, Furla, Ingram Camiceria, La Perla Intimo, Mondadori Libreria, Piquadro, Titoli, Travel Value and Duty Free, and the Watch Studio
- Two Marconi VIP lounges are available, with business facilities such as Internet access, telephones and fax facilities
- Car hire companies - including Autovia, Avis, Budget Autonoleggio, Cosepuri (with driver), Europcar, Goldcar, Hertz, Locauto Rent, Maggiore, Sicily by Car (Autoeuropa) and Sixt Rent a Car
- 3000 parking spaces, 850 of which are free of charge. These include express, short, medium and long-term (over five hours) parking
- Excellent disabled facilities
- Tourist information office / Welcome Service
- Left luggage office
- Re-Pack and Go with self-service scales
- Baby changing facilities
Frequent 'Aerobus' shuttle transport is available at the airport and connects various destinations around the city, including the Main Railway Station, the Fiera Palazzo Congressi and the Fiera Aldo Moro. Further services operate during the busy summer months and also when significant trade fairs are taking place in the city.
Those wishing to rent a car upon their arrival will find plenty of choice, although advance bookings tend to secure the best prices, particularly when compared to 'over the desk' rates. Driving into the city centre will likely take in the region of 15 minutes or thereabouts. You will need to follow the Tangenziale / Autostrada Adriatica A14 motorway (Strada a Pedaggio) for much of the journey, before passing by the Zona Universitaria and heading into the Centro Storico, via the Piazza di Porta Ravegnana.
Tel: +39 (0)51 372 727
If you are looking for sheer convenience and hassle-free transport, then a taxi ride into central Bologna will likely best suit your needs. Taxis are easy to locate at the airport, being lined up alongside the arrivals zone of both terminals. Since the journey is relatively short, the fares are quite affordable, although there may be surcharges for excessive luggage.
Marconi Airport is situated approximately 6 km / 3.5 km from Bologna's central train station, where there are various connections to cities throughout Italy and neighbouring European countries, such as France and Switzerland. Aerobus shuttles run between the railway station roughly four times an hour, throughout the day.
Forli Airport / Luigi Ridolfi Airport (FRL)
Address: Forli S.P.A. Aeroporto 'L. Ridolfi', Via Seganti, 103, 47100 Forli, Italy
Tel: +39 (0)541 786 233
Situated 60 km / 37 miles to the south-east of the city centre, Forli Airport is Bologna's second airport and is served by many airlines, including both Belle Air and Wizz Air. Forli Airport is to be found just 6 km / 3.5 miles from the A14 motorway exit and this fast road has good connections to Bologna, as well as Milan, Rimini and Rome. The town of Forli is located nearby and there is a regular bus service linking this town and its railway station.