Jersey Airport (JER) Information
(Jersey, Channel Islands, British Isles)
The largest airport in the Channel Islands is Jersey Airport, the primary gateway for travellers to these islands. Popular with locals, tourists and business travellers, the air facility at Jersey now handles nearly 1.5 million passengers annually. More than a dozen airlines provide both regular and seasonal flights, mainly from the UK and Guernsey
, followed by a handful of European destinations.
The airport at Jersey is the home base for the Channel Islands' very own carrier, Blue Islands, which offers complete coverage of Guernsey and the Isle of Man. The contemporary terminal has plenty of shopping, dining and drinking options for passengers in transit.
Low-cost carriers such as Flybe and EasyJet have been ramping up service in recent years, making Jersey an attractive option for a quick, cheap getaway from the UK. The vast majority of flights arrive here from London Gatwick
, followed by Southampton
. The airport is located just north of St. Aubin and St. Brelade, and is conveniently reached from most of the island's principal towns.
Jersey Airport (JER)
Address: Route B36, St. Peter, Jersey, JE3 1BY, Channel Islands, UK
Tel: +44 (0)1534 446 000
Jersey Airport is located 8 km / 5 miles north-west of St. Helier, in the parish of Saint Peter. The major A12 motorway runs past the airport, connecting it with the coastal A1, the A13 and other major motor routes that crisscross the island.
Jersey Airport Guide
- A currency exchange kiosk is available in the Arrivals area, as are ATMs, both landside and airside
- Island Coffee Shop, Island Market and World News Café provide food, while The Bar serves drinks
- WHSmith, the main shop inside the terminal, sells a comprehensive array of travel sundries, gifts, reading material and snacks
- World Duty Free has a complete range of tax-free goods in the Departures area
- Jersey Post has a post office next to the Information Desk, for any last-minute packages
- Wireless Internet service is offered in the Departures and Arrivals halls
- British Airways and Flybe have VIP lounges for their passengers in the Departures area
- Long-term and short-term parking can be found in a single lot, which is located directly across from the Departures terminal, with spaces available for disabled drivers
Cars and Taxis
Jersey Airport is situated just off the motorway network of roads that cover the island, making car travel an easy option for visitors. Three international car hire companies have offices at the airport, and there is a taxi rank situated right outside of the Arrivals Hall, with metered taxis meeting every flight. Signature Executive Transport provides luxury cars and limousines for a touch of class.
Three private coach companies offer transport to places across Jersey from the airport. Public bus number 15 runs a regular route between the Arrivals terminal exit and St. Helier's Liberation Station. Recently introduced double-decker buses are another public transport option, boasting spacious interiors and even Wi-Fi Internet connectivity.