San Antonio Events and Festivals
(San Antonio, Texas - TX, USA)
San Antonio has a lively events calendar that reflects the city's youthful spirit. The city of San Antonio holds numerous annual events and festivals celebrating music, the arts, dance and film.
For up-to-date listings of the latest festivals, events and things to do in San Antonio, keep an eye out for local publications so that you don't miss out on anything exciting.
National Public Holidays
- 1st January - New Year's Day
- Third Monday in January - Martin Luther King Day
- 12th February - Lincoln's Birthday
- Third Monday in February - Washington's Birthday
- Last Monday in May - Memorial Day
- 4th July - Independence Day
- First Monday in September - Labor Day
- Second Monday in October - Columbus Day
- 11th November - Veterans Day
- 4th Thursday in November - Thanksgiving
- 25th December - Christmas Day
Calendar of Festivals and Events 2014 / 2015
- Michelob ULTRA Riverwalk Mud Festival - mid-January, mud stunts, general festivities and the annual Mud Pie Ball.
- Stock Show and Rodeo - early February, livestock judging, rodeo events, music and entertainment.
- San Antonio CineFestival - mid-February, Chicano / Latino film festival with dozens of screenings.
- Dyeing O' the River Green Parade - St. Patrick's Day, Irish dance, music and much revelry.
- Fiesta San Antonio - late April, festivities at this event include balls, parades, concerts and art shows.
- Starving Artist Show - fundraising for the hungry, with a range of activities and entertainment.
- Return of the Chili Queens - Memorial Day Weekend, celebration of chili involving food, music, crafts and dance.
- Texas Folklife Festival - regional and ethnic food, games and crafts.
- Juneteenth - June 19th, African-American celebrations including concerts, parades and picnics.
- San Antonio Gay Pride Festival - major gay and lesbian celebrations in the city, including parades and concerts.
- Contemporary Art Month - all of July, over 400 exhibitions at venues in and around the city.
- Charreada - Mexican rodeo with music, dance, traditional dress and general festivities.
- Feria de Agosto - festivities, food and entertainment in Market Square.
- Annual Guadeloupe Festival and Street Parade - floats, parades, marching bands and general festivities.
- Diez y Seis - mid-September, a celebration of Mexican independence from Spain with music, dance, parades and more.
- Oktoberfest - early October, food, beer, dance and more beer.
- Taste of San Antonio - early October, a celebration of San Antonio's gastronomic diversity.
- New World Wine and Food Festival - early November, a festival including cooking classes, demonstrations, food and drink samplings.
- Ford Holiday River Parade and Lighting Ceremony - Friday after Thanksgiving, festive illuminations involving 122,000 lights and a river parade.
- Fiestas Navideñas - festivities in Market Square.
- La Gran Posada - late December, a candlelit procession from Milam Park to San Fernando Cathedral.