San Antonio International Airport (SAT) Information
(San Antonio, Texas - TX, USA)
Many visitors to this part of Texas travel by air and arrive at the nearby San Antonio International Airport (SAT), which is situated on the northern side of the city center.
With a range of modern facilities, two terminals, a number of concourses and good ground transportation options, San Antonio's international Airport is conveniently located close to many major roads and freeways, providing direct access to the city center.
San Antonio International Airport (SAT)
Address: 9800 Airport Boulevard, San Antonio, 78216, Texas TX, USA
Tel: +1 210 207 3450
This busy air facility stands to the north of the city and is just 8 miles / 13 km from the city center, being located alongside both McAllister Park and the Olmos Basin Park, and next to the suburb of Alamo Heights. Roughly 750,000 passengers now use this airport every single month, with daily flights being close to 300.
San Antonio International Airport Guide
San Antonio Airport features two large terminal buildings, serving a range of major airlines. The terminals are connected by a covered walkway.
- Terminal 1 - serving Aerolitoral, Aeromar, ASA Comair / Delta, Mexicana, Northwest Airlines, Southwest Airlines and United Airlines
- Terminal 2 - serving American Airlines and Continental / America West Airlines
- 24-hour ATM cashpoints
- Computer data ports
- Public telephones close to the luggage reclaim areas in both terminal buildings
- Airport conference room in Terminal 2, with Internet access and good business facilities
- Well-equipped business center in the nearby Hilton San Antonio Hotel
- Selection of shops, restaurants, burger bars and food outlets in both of the terminals
- Car hire / car rental companies at San Antonio Airport - including Advantage Rent-A-Car, Alamo, Avis, Budget, Enterprise, Dollar, E-Z Rent-A-Car, Hertz and Thrifty Car Rental
- Range of car parking options available, including two parking garages, hourly, long-term and economy parking, with a free shuttle bus
- Disabled parking spaces, lifts / elevators, ramps and good general access for wheelchair users, adapted telephones, wheelchair-accessible shuttle buses
- Travel information passenger help desks in both terminals, close to the luggage reclaim areas
- Other facilities at San Antonio Airport include a lost property service, Skycap porters, a games room, an onsite chapel, medical services, shoeshine and luggage trolleys
Downtown San Antonio is easy to reach in around 15 minutes and is situated between two notable motorway loops. Major roads and freeways nearby include the Airport Boulevard and Highway US-281, with the route being clearly signposted along the way.
Shared-shuttle buses are now a popular method of travel to and from the airport, linking many of the city's major downtown hotels. Operated by Satrans and A-VIA buses, these shuttles can be found outside of both terminals, close to the luggage reclaim areas. Day passes are available, while streetcar services can be found within the downtown district, linking the convention center and the majority of the city's most notable hotels.
Taxis are plentiful at San Antonio Airport and offer a convenient way to travel into the city center and other nearby areas. Fares are calculated per mile and include a departure fee, downtown charges and a late-hour fee - for travel between the hours of 09:00 and 17:00. Popular destinations connected by taxis include Camp Bullis, Fort Sam Houston, the Medical Center, the North Star Mall, Sea World, the University of Texas at San Antonio (UTSA) and the Westin La Cantera Resort, amongst others.