Austin-Bergstrom International Airport (AUS) Information
(Austin, Texas - TX, USA)
Just a 15-minute drive away from the city center, Austin-Bergstrom International Airport is connected by State Highway SH-71, the Bastrop / Lockhart Highway US-183, East Cesar Chavez Street and North Congress Avenue, passing by the Roy G. Guerrero Park along the way.
Commercial flights began in the 1920s at the small Penn Field, although it was the northeasterly Robert Mueller Municipal Airport which led the way and grew dramatically. However, in the 1970s plans were afoot for a new air facility, one that could serve both Austin and San Antonio
, and in the spring on 1999, Austin-Bergstrom International Airport was in business, today serving more than 750,000 passengers every single month.
Austin-Bergstrom International Airport (AUS)
Address: Barbara Jordan Terminal, 3600 Presidential Boulevard, Austin, Texas TX, 78719, USA
Tel: +1 512 530 2242
Austin-Bergstrom Airport is situated just 13 km / 8 miles to the southeast of the city, being close to the suburbs of Bergstrom Village, Carson Creek and Glenbrook.
Austin Airport (AUS) Guide
There is one main terminal building, known as the Barbara Jordan Passenger Terminal, which comprises some 25 individual gates and numerous restaurants.
- 24-hour cashpoints (ATMs) and postal services
- Good selection of restaurants, snack bars and cafés
- Shopping available at the 'Market Place' area
- Foreign currency exchange bureaus
- Travel insurance
- Car hire / rental close to the baggage reclaim area - including Advantage, Alamo, Avis, Budget Rental, Dollar, Enterprize, Hertz, National and Thrifty Car Rental
- Car parking with more than 10,000 spaces, including covered short-term parking and nearby long-term parking, connected by regular courtesy shuttle buses
- Business center, including meeting areas, conference capabilities, fax machines, photocopiers and other business facilities
- Wireless access to the Internet
- Manned travel information counters
- Live music stage, with local bands often performing
- Courtesy hotel telephones
- Disabled facilities - including disabled toilets, Braillle signs, lifts / elevators, TTD telephones
- Other facilities at Austin Airport include a lost luggage counter and plenty of trolleys
The journey to and from Austin Airport is relatively straightforward, with plenty of signposts en route. Situated close to Highway 71, other major roads nearby include the US-183 and the I-35 highways.
Address: Headquarters and Administrative Offices, 2910 East 5th Street, Austin, Texas TX, 78702, USA
Tel: +1 512 474 1200
Public buses at Austin Airport are provided by Capital Metro and offer a cheap and simple way to reach the city. Bus numbers 100 and 350 run at regular intervals on a daily basis, while SuperShuttle provides another popular option.
Taxis are reasonably priced and firms include Austin Cabs, Lone Star and Yellow Cabs. The journey into the city center lasts around 20 minutes, unless traffic conditions are heavy. Taxi minibuses are also available and should be booked at the counter close to the baggage reclaim area. For a taste of the 'high life', you can choose from more than 40 different limo companies, such as the A-1 Majestic Limo Service, the Black Car Service and Texas Pride Limousines.