Lake Tahoe Links Directory and Travel Resources
(Lake Tahoe, California - CA, USA)
The enormous shimmering Lake Tahoe actually serves as the second-deepest of all the lakes in the United States. Those with a car will find that a drive around its shoreline is certainly a lengthy one, since it measures in at more than 70 miles / 113 km.
If you have time for a drive around the shore, you will find that the northern side of Lake Tahoe tends to be particularly peaceful and expensive, while the western side is more rocky and old-fashioned. Head to the east and it will soon become apparent that this area remains quite undeveloped, especially when compared to the casinos and motels of the south. For recreational activities, the mountain peaks based along the state border between California and Nevada
have something to offer each season.
A list of useful Lake Tahoe links are displayed below for your convenience.
Travel and Tourism
Official Lake Tahoe Visitor Bureau Websites
- with information about casino entertainment, accommodation, events, dining, nightlife, maps and vacation packages.
Lake Tahoe's Official Travel and Tourism Guide
- with featured lodging and vacation rentals.
About South Lake Tahoe
- 169 Highway 50, Stateline.
About North Lake Tahoe
- 380 North Lake Boulevard, Tahoe City.
Zephyr Cove Resort and Cruises
- 760 US Highway 50, Zephyr Cove.
Squaw Valley Ski Resort
- 1960 Squaw Valley Road, Olympic Valley.
- 9999 Emerald Bay Road, South Lake Tahoe.
North Tahoe Art Center
- 380 North Lake Boulevard, Tahoe City.
DL Bliss State Park
- Highway US-89, South Lake Tahoe.
Lake Tahoe Golf Course
- 2500 Emerald Bay Road, South Lake Tahoe.
Valhalla Renaissance Faire
- summer fair held each May or June.
Tahoe Rim Trail Association (TRTA)
- hiking, mountain biking and horseback riding, based at 948 Incline Way, Incline Village.
- lakeside theatrical performances during the summer.
Ski Resorts and Skiing
- terrain park, ski and snowboard school, tickets and passes (2600 Alpine Meadows Road, Tahoe City).
Heavenly Valley Ski Resort
- ski and ride school, tickets and passes, seasonal activities and nightlife (3860 Saddle Road / 4080 Lake Tahoe Boulevard, South Lake Tahoe, near Nevada / California border).
- about the mountain, weather, resort services and tickets (1501 Kirkwood Meadows Drive, Kirkwood).
- plan your trip, live webcams and events (1960 Squaw Valley Road, Olympic Valley).
Alpine Skills International
- ski equipment rental, rock climbing, mountaineering and other backcountry programs (11400 Donner Pass Road, Truckee).
Ski Run Marina
- seasonal sports equipment rentals (900 Ski Run Boulevard, South Lake Tahoe).
Restaurants and Dining
- Lakefront, Ski Run Marina, 900 Ski Run Boulevard, South Lake Tahoe.
Soule Domain Restaurant
- 9983 Cove Street, Brockway.
- 265 North Lake Boulevard, Tahoe City.
Shopping and Retail
- 1001 Heavenly Village Way.
- 1313 South Carson Street, Carson City.
Lake Tahoe Hotels and Accommodation
Lake Tahoe Central Reservations
- online reservations and packages all around the shoreline.
Rodeway Inn Casino Center
- 4127 Pine Boulevard / Stateline, South Lake Tahoe.
Quality Inn and Suites Casino
- 3838 Lake Tahoe Boulevard, South Lake Tahoe.
Pepper Tree Inn
- 645 North Lake Boulevard, Tahoe City.
Best Western Plus Station House Inn
- 901 Park Avenue, South Lake Tahoe.
Americas Best Value Inn Tahoe City / Lake Tahoe
- 455 North Lake Boulevard, Tahoe City.
- 1850 West Lake Boulevard, Tahoe City.
Tahoe City Inn
- 790 North Lake Boulevard, Tahoe City.
- camping sites around the west shore.
Ed Z'berg Sugar Pine Point State Park Camping (California State Parks)
- facilities, hiking trails, location map and photos.
Lake Tahoe Airports
Reno-Tahoe International Airport
- 2001 East Plumb Lane, Reno, Nevada.
Sacramento International Airport
- 6900 Airport Boulevard, Sacramento, California.
San Francisco International Airport
- Terminal Access Road / South Airport Boulevard, San Francisco, California.
Car Hire, Taxi, Limo and Railway
California Zephyr Amtrak
- travel partnership between National Park Service and Amtrak.
Tahoe Area Regional Transit
- bus schedules, connections and route maps, Placer Country, California.
North Lake Tahoe Express
- shuttle buses between Reno Airport.
Tahoe Area Rapid Transit (TART)
- North Lake Tahoe / Truckee Transportation, connecting many towns, including Tahoe City, Tahoe Vista, Truckee and also Meeks Bay Resort (seasonal).
Community and Education
El Dorado County Library - South Lake Tahoe Branch
- 1000 Rufus Allen Boulevard, South Lake Tahoe.
Lake Tahoe Community College
- 1 College Drive, South Lake Tahoe.