Acapulco International Airport (ACA) Information
(Acapulco, Guerrero, Mexico)
Acapulco International Airport, which is also known globally as the General Juan N. Alvarez International Airport, handles around 750,000 passengers every year. Most visitors come to Acapulco, one of Mexico's hottest seaside resorts, to play in the sand and enjoy the nightlife.
Acapulco's airport is the largest in Mexico's southern Pacific region, with a solid range of direct domestic and international flights to destinations throughout the Americas. Regularly scheduled Continental flights go to Houston
year round, while Aeromar, Aeromexico and Interjet all service flights to Mexico City
. There are also many seasonal flights to Canada
, the US
Though there are two terminals at the airport, all commercial passengers fly into the main terminal, with the other terminal being reserved for general aviation. A decent range of amenities awaits travellers, including useful services such as car hire and tourist assistance. Located 23 km / 14 miles south-east of Acapulco, the complex offers taxis, car rental and pre-arranged shuttle vans from high-end hotels and resorts for transport.
General Juan N. Alvarez International Airport (ACA)
Address: Barra Diamante, Acapulco De Juarez, Guerrero, Mexico
Tel: +52 744 435 2060
Located alongside the Laguna de Tres Palos and close to the coastal suburb of El Marques, Acapulco International Airport is one of southern Mexico's busiest travel hubs. The terminal is well-equipped to cater to passenger needs.
- ATMs from HSBC and Santander Serfin banks are located on the ground level of the main terminal
- San Jorge Money Exchange kiosk is open 09:00 to 17:00 on the main terminal's ground level
- Four cafés and a bar including Subway, Medas Beer and HJ Beans
- Several shops sell reading material, handicrafts, local food products and gifts including Peers, Divers and News and Books
- A duty free shop on the International Departures concourse
- Six car hire firms such as Europcar, Budget and Hertz are located just outside Arrivals, on the lower level
- The terminal is fully accessible to travellers with physical disabilities
- A pharmacy is available onsite
- An art and photography exhibition hall is located in the Cultural Area of the main terminal
- Parking is available 24 hours, with ample space for guests
Taxis are the main means of transport between Acapulco International Airport and destinations in and around the city, such as Tres Palos, Las Cruces and La Sabana. The rates for taxis and shuttles are based on the destination zone, the number of passengers and the type of vehicle. Taxis are available 24 hours from three different companies, namely Movil Aca, Paraiso and Transportes Nuevo Milenio. Travellers can buy taxi vouchers at the special taxi kiosk outside of Baggage Claim.
Car hire is another popular way to travel from the airport for those who prefer the freedom to move around the area at will. There are six international chain suppliers at the airport to choose from. Driving into the city is easy, as the Avenida Costera Miguel Aleman / Avenida Escenica / Boulevard de las Naciones passes directly next to the airport and runs right along the coast, into Acapulco and beyond. The journey to the city will take around 40 minutes and will take you right past the scenic Bahia de Puerto Marques.