Bristol Airport (BRS) Information
(Bath, North-East Somerset, England, UK)
Bath is served by a number of airports, the closest and most convenient of which is Bristol Airport (BRS). London Airports, including London Heathrow Airport (LHR)
, London Gatwick Airport (LGW)
, London Stansted Airport (STN)
and London City Airport (LCY)
are also within easy travelling distance of Bath, by either train, coach or car.
Major airlines at these airports offer the greatest number of departures, whereas smaller airlines offer low-cost, no-frill airlines with a more limited number of flights arriving and departing from the airports.
Bristol Airport (BRS)
Address: Lulsgate, Bristol, BS48 3DY, England
Tel: +44 0870 1212 747
Bristol Airport (BRS) is situated just 30 km / 18 miles from the centre of Bath, located in the suburbs of Bristol. This important, busy airport deals with large numbers of passengers throughout the year and Bristol Airport has excellent facilities.
Bristol Airport (BRS) Guide
Bristol Airport (BRS) has one main terminal building, serving a large number of different airlines at the airport.
- Bureau de change
- 24-hour cash machines (ATMs) and postal facilities
- Restaurants, cafés, fast food outlets and bars
- Shopping centre with several large shops, including a newsagents, gift shops and duty-free
- Car hire companies - including Alamo, Avis, Europcar, Hertz and National Car Rental
- Business facilities are available at the airport's business centre, including computers, Internet access, fax machines, photocopying and work spaces
- Passenger pick-up areas are located close to the airport's main building
- Short-term parking is available with direct access to the airport
- Long-term economy parking is located close to Bristol Airport (BRS) and is connected to the airport by courtesy shuttle buses
- Special facilities for disabled passengers
Bath is easy to reach from Bristol Airport (BRS) by several major roads. Follow the Ring Road and the A4 to Bath and continue towards the city. Bath is well sign posted and the journey between Bristol Airport (BRS) and the city of Bath can take as little as 30 minutes, but during the morning and evening rush hours the journey may take over one hour. Bristol Airport (BRS) is also located close to the M4 and M5 motorways.
Bristol Temple Meads train station is situated 13 km / 8 miles south of Bristol Airport and can be easily reached by either Bristol International Flyer express coach, car or taxi. There are regular trains that travel from Bristol Temple Meads train station to Bath twice an hour and the journey time takes around 25 minutes.
Coaches are readily available at Bristol Airport (BRS) and travel to many areas of Bristol, nearby Bath and all over the United Kingdom. The coach services at Bristol Airport are operated by National Express.
Taxis are readily available at Bristol Airport (BRS) outside of the airport's building. They provide a convenient and easy way to travel into nearby Bath and other destinations. The journey from the airport to central Bath will take around 30 to 60 minutes, depending on traffic. Official Bristol Airport taxi cabs should be used at all times to ensure safety and also to avoid being overcharged.
The airport taxi meters at Bristol Airport (BRS) start at a basic fare, but additional charges are usually made for luggage, late-night driving and travel on public holidays in Bristol, so it can prove useful to ask the taxi driver about these before leaving. Some local airport taxis are happy to accept credit cards.