Port Columbus International Airport (CMH) Information
(Columbus, Ohio - OH, USA)
Often simply referred to as 'Port Columbus', the Port Columbus International Airport enjoys relatively high passenger volumes, which consistently stay above six million.
The airport enjoys a lengthy history beginning in 1929, when famous American aviator Charles Augustus Lindbergh selected the site. Just ten years later the facility was handling some 14 flights a day and this steadily grew over the following decades. In 1979, an ambitious renovation program costing in excess of $70 million began, upgrading the overall capacity to 250 daily flights. Subsequent investment saw the terminal renovated in 1998, expansion projects in 2000, a new control tower in 2004, and in 2010, a state-of-the-art arrivals and departures was installed.
Port Columbus International Airport (CMH)
Address: 4600 International Gateway, Columbus, Ohio OH, 43219, USA
Telephone: +1 614 239 4000
Port Columbus International Airport (CMH) is situated just 7 miles / 10 km to the northwest of the city center, being close to the suburbs of Bexley, Gahanna and Whitehall.
Columbus Airport (CMH) Guide
The airport contains one large terminal, with three separate concourse areas.
- Concourse A - serving Continental Express and US Airways airlines
- Concourse B - serving Air Canada, America west, American Eagle, Independence Air, Midwest Connect, Northwest Airline and United Express airlines
- Concourse C - serving Delta Connection and Southwest Airlines
- Bureau de change foreign currency outlet
- 24-hour cashpoint machines (ATMs) on the ticketing level
- Airport business center next to Concourse C area, with a range of business facilities, spacious meeting rooms and Internet access
- Further meeting rooms and conference capabilities available at nearby hotels, including the Concourse Hotel and the Comfort Suites Hotel
- Postal service and post boxes
- Selection of restaurants and fast-food shops, in the principal food court area and on Concourse C
- Numerous shops including newsagents and gift shops with souvenirs and postcards of Columbus, high street fashion outlets and vending machines
- Car hire / car rental companies on levels one and two of Columbus Airport's main car parking garage - including Alamo, Avis, Budget, Dollar, Enterprise , Hertz, National and Thrifty Car Rental
- Indoor and outdoor car parking options available, including large multistory garage for both short-term and long-term parking
- Additional economy long-term parking located close by, with regular shuttles
- Disabled parking areas, easy accessibility for wheelchairs, assistance, ramps, lifts / elevators, adapted ground transportation
- Travel desk in the main luggage reclaim area, offering a range of flight and tourist information
- Other facilities at Columbus Airport include a lost property counter, luggage trolleys, porter service, airport medical facilities, pet areas and prayer rooms. There is even an adjacent golf course
The journey between the city center and Port Columbus Airport is relatively straightforward and well signposted. Major roads nearby include the I-670, the I-70 and the 1-71 highways.
Tel: +1 614 228 1776
Public buses operate at convenient regular intervals each day, traveling to and from nearby central Columbus. Operated by the Central Ohio Transit Authority (COTA), these buses are extremely convenient and cheap. Additional shuttle services are provided by Arch Transportation, Super Shuttle and also Urban Express Transport.
Taxi ranks at Port Columbus Airport are situated close to the main departures area, directly outside of the terminal building. A taxi journey into the city center tends to last around 10 to 15 minutes. Other popular nearby taxi destinations include Bexley, Blacklick, Grandview, Huntington Park, Nationwide Arena, the Ohio State Fairgrounds, OSU Campus, Pickerington, Reynoldsburg and Westerville.