Honolulu International Airport (HNL) Information
(Honolulu, Hawaii - HI, USA)
Most visitors to Hawaii arrive by air and Honolulu is home to a modern and busy airport, full of all the usual services and airport facilities.
Hawaii has become an important Pacific hub and Honolulu is also a useful stopover on flights that travel between mainland American and Asia, Australia, New Zealand and the South Pacific. Most international and domestic flights traveling to Hawaii arrive at Honolulu International Airport (HNL).
Honolulu International Airport (HNL)
Address: 300 Rodgers Boulevard No 4, Honolulu, 96819-1897, Hawaii HI, USA
Tel: +1 808 836 6411
Honolulu Airport (HNL) is situated just 6 km / 4 miles from the city center, serving a number of large airlines, including Air Canada, Air New Zealand, American Airlines, Canadian Airlines, China Airlines, Delta Airlines, Hawaiian Airlines, Qantas Airlines, TWA and United Airlines.
Honolulu Airport (HNL) Guide
Honolulu Airport contains three separate terminals, serving a large number of airlines. The airport's terminal buildings are connected by frequent WikiWiki shuttle buses.
- 24-hour cashpoint machines (ATMs)
- Bureau de change centers
- Airport post office
- Airport restaurants, coffee shops, fast food outlets and bars
- Selection of shops, including newsagents, gift shops selling Honolulu souvenirs, and duty-free shopping
- Short-term and long-term parking in the multi-storey car park, next to Honolulu Airport
- Business facilities at Honolulu Airport's Business Center, including fast Internet access, telephones, photocopying and work areas
- Conference facilities available at the Garden Conference Center, including rooms and general business services
- Lounges available for business passengers
- Car hire / rental companies - including Alamo, Avis, Budget, Dollar, Enterprise, Hertz, JN Rentals, National Rent-A-Car and Thrifty
- Tourist and travel information booths
- Disabled facilities, including wheelchairs, lifts / elevators, and adapted toilets
- Other facilities at Honolulu Airport include a lost property center, medical facilities and luggage trolleys
The center of Honolulu is easy to reach from Honolulu International Airport (HNL) by car and the route is well signposted. Located close to the H-1 Highway, the journey from Honolulu International Airport (HNL) into the city center lasts approximately 10 minutes.
A number of different public bus services can be found at Honolulu International Airport (HNL), including buses traveling to the Waikiki area, downtown Honolulu and nearby shopping centers. Shuttle buses are also available at Honolulu Airport, providing travel directly from the airport many central Waikiki hotels.
Taxis remain one of the most popular methods of transportation at Honolulu Airport (HNL) and are operated by Signature Cab Holdings. The main taxi rank is situated outside of the airport's baggage reclaim area and the taxi journey from the airport into central Honolulu is extremely quick, lasting around 10 minutes, depending on traffic levels. Taxis often apply additional changes for extra luggage, passengers, and travel on public holidays, although the overall charge is relatively inexpensive. It is therefore sensible to agree all charges first, before departing from Honolulu International Airport (HNL).