Augusta Maps and Orientation
(Augusta, Georgia - GA, USA)
The city of Augusta lies on the eastern side of Georgia, right next to the state border with South Carolina
. Connected by Interstate I-20, the city of Columbia, SC
is roughly 75 miles / 121 km away and to the northeast.
Looping around the southern side of the city is the Bobby Jones Expressway / Palmetto Parkway (Interstate I-520). As well as heading in a northeasterly direction, the I-20 (Carl Sanders Highway) also runs westwards, connecting the Oconee National Forest and ultimately Georgia's state capital of Atlanta
Augusta is both the second-biggest and the second-oldest city in the state of Georgia, and serves as the country seat for Richmond County. The city belongs to the Augusta-Richmond County Metropolitan Statistical Area, which boasts a population in the region of 600,000 people.
Maps and Orientation of the City
Downtown Augusta is easy to navigate, with free maps and guided walking tours being available from the Visitors Center located on Eighth Street.
From here, the scenic Augusta Riverwalk is just a matter of minutes away and takes in the attractions lining the Savannah River. The Riverwalk is anchored at either end by the Morris Museum of Art and the Fort Discovery (part of the National Science Center).
- Belvedere - 7 miles / 11 km (12 minutes, northeast)
- Blythe - 19 miles / 30 km (35 minutes, southwest)
- Burnettown - 11 miles / 17 km (20 minutes, northeast)
- Ellwood - 19 miles / 30 km (35 minutes, southwest)
- Evans - 9 miles / 15 km (18 minutes, northwest)
- Fort Gordon - 19 miles / 30 km (35 minutes, southwest)
- Gloverville - 12 miles / 20 km (22 minutes, northeast)
- Grovetown - 12 miles / 20 km (22 minutes, west)
- Hephzibah - 14 miles / 23 km (25 minutes, southwest)
- Jamestown - 12 miles / 20 km (22 minutes, southwest)
- Martinez - 7 miles / 11 km (12 minutes, northwest)
- Murphys Estates - 13 miles / 21 km (25 minutes, northeast)
- Phinizy - 23 miles / 37 km (45 minutes, northwest)
- Pollards Corner - 20 miles / 32 km (40 minutes, northwest)
- Vaucluse - 19 miles / 30 km (35 minutes, northeast)
- Willow Oak Village - 16 miles / 26 km (30 minutes, west)
Map of the United States
Map of Georgia
Map of Augusta