Sarasota Bradenton International Airport (SRQ) Information
(Sarasota, Florida - FL, USA)
Sarasota Bradenton Airport has become a major air facility on Florida's western coast and now handles more than 1.5 million passengers annually.
Established in the late 1930s, Sarasota Bradenton Airport came into being when local businessmen worked with the government. Commercial flights began just after WWII and at this time the runway was extended. Soon after the passenger terminal was built and today, more than 160,000 flights land and take off from here every single year. The majority of these flights tend to be domestic, although a number of international flights travel to destinations such as Toronto
Sarasota Bradenton International Airport (SRQ)
Address: 600 Airport Circle, Sarasota, 34243, Florida FL, USA
Tel: +1 941 359 2770
Sarasota Bradenton Airport stands just 5 miles / 8 km to the northeast of the city and is around 10 miles / 16 km to the south of Bradenton, standing right next to the University of South Florida, the New College of Florida, and the John and Mable Ringling Museum of Art. Travelers will find all of the expected modern facilities, services and onward ground transportation.
Sarasota Bradenton Airport Guide
Sarasota Airport contains one large terminal building with two main levels. The terminal serves many major international and domestic airlines, including Air France, AirTran, Alitalia Airlines, American Trans Air, CanJet, Cape Air Airlines, Continental Airlines, Delta, Northwest Airlines and US Airways.
- Level 1 - baggage reclaim areas, car rentals, airline ticketing and commuter gates
- Level 2 - airline gates, numbered from B1 to B14
- 24-hour ATM cashpoints, on both floors
- Conference room in first floor lobby area, with basic business facilities
- Self-service post center
- Restaurants, deli, cocktail lounge and vending machines
- Several stores including Paradies Gift Shop and also a PGA golfing outlet
- Car hire / car rental companies at Sarasota Airport - including Alamo, Avis, Budget, Dollar, Enterprise, Hertz and National Car Rental
- Short-term and long-term car parking available, with over 1,400 parking spaces
- Disabled parking spaces, wheelchair-accessible shuttle buses and TDD telephones
- Flight information desks
- Large marine aquarium
- Other facilities include a lost and found office, police department, Friendship Meditation Center and luggage trolleys
The journey to and from Sarasota city center is well signposted and should last around ten to 15 minutes, when traffic conditions are light. Situated on Florida's western coast, the airport lies to the south of Tampa Bay, with major roads and highways nearby including the University Parkway, the I-75 Interstate, and highways US-301 and US-41 / Tamiami Trail.
Daily public buses provide one of the most popular methods of ground transportation at the airport and run from Monday to Saturday, being operated by both Manatee County Area Transit (MCAT) and Sarasota County Area Transit (SCAT). Bus stops can be found close to the main luggage reclaim area.
Taxi cabs at Sarasota Airport are operated by Diplomat Taxis and offer a convenient way to travel into the nearby city center, being based next to the baggage reclaim area, on the western side of the terminal. Limousines and private car services can be pre-arranged where required and generally collect their passengers from this same spot.