Richmond International Airport (RIC) Information
(Richmond, Virginia - VA, USA)
Richmond is served by a large and busy airport, located close to the city center, providing travel for more than three million passengers each year. With flights to over 20 different major US and international destinations, Richmond International Airport (RIC) has excellent facilities, services and ground transportation.
Richmond International Airport (RIC)
Address: Richard E. Byrd Terminal Drive, Richmond, 23250-2400, Virginia VA, USA
Tel: +1 804 226 3000
Richmond International Airport (RIC) is a busy airport, served by six large airlines and some chartered air services, with regular daily flights. The airport is situated around 7 miles / 11 km southeast of the city center.
Richmond International Airport Guide
Richmond Airport contains a large, modern terminal building with two separate concourse areas, A and B, each containing a number of gateways. A courtesy airport shuttle bus connects all other areas around the airport.
- Concourse A - serving AirTran, American Airlines and US Airways
- Concourse B - serving Continental Airlines, Delta Airlines, JetBlue, Northwest Airlines and United Airlines
- Airport business center with teleconferencing facilities, meeting rooms and Internet access
- Free wireless Internet access on the upper level
- Extensive banking facilities at branch of BB&T
- 24-hour ATM cashpoints close to the bank, near the atrium and in the parking garage lobby areas
- Restaurants, cafés bars, coffee houses, snack bars and vending machines, in both concourses
- Selection of retail shops situated on level two of the airport's terminal, including gift shops with souvenirs and postcards of Richmond, and newsagents
- Car hire / car rental companies at Richmond Airport - including Alamo Rent A Car, Avis, Budget Rental, Dollar, Enterprise, Hertz, National Car Rental and Thrifty Car Rental
- Numerous car parking options available at Richmond Airport, including hourly, daily, shuttle lot, economy and valet car parking
- Disabled parking spaces and good access for wheelchair users
- Visitors' information center operated by the Richmond Metropolitan Convention and Visitors' Bureau, close to the upper level escalators
- Other facilities at Richmond Airport including a lost and found center on the lower level, and luggage trolleys
The city center is east to reach from Richmond Airport (RIC) and is just a short journey by car, lasting approximately 20 minutes, when traffic levels are light. The route to and from Richmond Airport is well-signposted and major roads nearby include Airport Terminal Drive, the US Route 60, I-295 and I-64.
Public buses at the airport are operated by The Greater Richmond Transit Company at regular intervals, traveling into most areas of the city and surrounding districts.
A number of large, central hotels now provide courtesy door-to-door shuttle buses for their guests, upon request.
Taxis ranks are situated outside of Richmond Airport's luggage reclaim area and are one of the most convenient methods of ground transportation available.
A number of limousines are available at Richmond Airport, operated by Groome Transportation and several other reputable companies. Airport limousines provide surprisingly good value for money, although they should always be booked prior to arrival.