Curitiba Shopping and Districts
(Curitiba, Paraná, Brazil)
There are endless opportunities when it comes to shopping in Curitiba. The city is home to a selection of large and impressive malls, together with some appealing streets and bustling markets, such as the Mercado Municipal.
Shopping hours in Curitiba are fairly long, with many shops staying open well into the evening, closing as late as 20:00. However, shops in malls stay open even later, with most opening between 10:00 and 22:00 (Monday to Saturday), and from 14:00 to 18:00 on Sundays.
Where to Shop
The main shopping malls in the city are as follows, each of which comes with a huge choice of shops and places to eat:
- Centre Mueller - a traditional mall with a number of good bookstores
- Crystal Mall - known for its fashion boutiques and clothing stores
- Estacao Mall - located within a restored train station, with around 180 stores, as well as cinemas and a bowling alley
- Park Barigui - sited close to Barigui Park, outside of the downtown area
- Shopping Curitiba Mall - recently revamped, with a popular food court
- Shopping Palladium - the largest of all the malls in Curitiba, with more than 350 stores and the first ever IMAX theatre to open in Brazil
If you prefer to shop outside, then take a stroll around the Batel neighbourhood and along the Rua Carlos de Carvalho. Alternatively, the covered Rua 24 Horas shopping strip has recently enjoyed some serious revitalisation and connects the Viscount of Rio Branco with the Visconde de Nacre. However, it is the Rua das Flores (Flower's Street) that plays a central part to the shopping scene in Curitiba, with a huge quantity of shops lining the surrounding blocks.